whats the difference between the Shichida method and Glenn Domanns?

Thanx dear.But this seems to be same like Wink programme???

Sapna

I’m not sure. I have never done it. I know that they incorporate a lot of Doman and Shichida into Tweedlewink, so I’m sure it has some of the same stuff, but I don’t think they are all that similar. The wink program is also intended for children over 6. The Shichida program can be started very early.

http://www.acceleratedlearningmethods.com/functions-math.html

This site appears to be using methods taken from Doman and Shichida.
Hope it is of some interest.

Thanx to all.But u i wanna know which material from Shichida will help me and is different from Glenn Doman and Tweedle Wink and Wink programme.Which eucational material or any special educational toy is only available in S’pore,M’sia???Pls guide me or there is no need at all to buy???

Sapna

Hey look my nephew’s on that site! :smiley:

h

Hi Sapna, I came across this thread and read about your brother coming to sg. I am from singapore. Shichida here doesn’t sell their merchandise to the public. You have to be a member to be able to purchase. A member as in your child is currently enrolled in the program. Just to let you know.

Their classes are now completely full until April next year. I was going ot register my baby for January. Now I have to wait till April. He would be 11 month old by then. It is quite crazy really. The program is so popular that these days if you want to join, you would have to wait half a year!

As such, I am looking for information on how I can start my baby at home instead.

Hi Winth! Thanks you for sharing about Shichida. Is there a certain exercise you do before starting on the flash cards? I read something about energy ball. What is that?

For a start, how many flashcards should we be using? I read 1000 cards! That is amazing and quite a bit of work! My baby is only 6mth old. Can you advise?

Thanks so much in advance.

I found this about the energy ball:

The reason to have energy ball exercise is to calm the baby down and switch the brain to alpha wave. It’ very useful exercise and my daughter likes to do this with me before i started my home practice at home.

The exercise goes like this:

1. Open up two hand and act like gather something from the atmosphere say: gather, gather, gather… and make a big energy ball. And the ball now is very heavy (pretend the ball is very heavy) and are you ready to lift it up. (Lift the ball up) and splash…Wipe your kid from head to toes with your hand and say let the good energy flow into your body and clear the bad energy out from your body.

2. Again, say gather…let make small energy ball…make it small and small. Let put some topping on top of the ball say…chocolate chips. Are you ready to cut it into half. Then make cutting action, one for mummy to eat and one for the kid to eat. Then say I’m very full.

3. Praise the kid and give the kid and 8 seconds hug.

Hi nhockaday! wow! It sounds like fun already. =) I am going to try this with baby later.

Question about the flash cards, do we have to categorise the cards into various subjects like Animals, Transportation, Fruits …etc? Right now, my cards are just about everything.

Yes, the different programs say that they should be categorized.

I guess as much. Now I need to have a make a lot more flash cards now! What do you mean by different program? You mean Linking Cards is one program and Photo Memory is another? How many programs are there? TIA!

No I mean Doman, Shichida, etc. Maybe a better word would have been methods.

I just acquired the Organized Dot Cards. Not sure how to use it. Does anyone here know?

Are you wanting to use the Doman method or Shichida?

Say, both? Or which do you recommend?

Doman is something that people can tell you how to do. Shichida is a little more difficult to explain because you would need to attend classes to understand the full program.

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/
Here is the forum that we have devoted to math. On it you will find everything you need to know about the Doman math method. Just ask there if you have any questions.

Also, any good link to download the pictures for making DIY cards for the Linking Memory ?

Thanks nhockaday! I agree Shichida is more complicated. But the classes are all full right now. I have to wait half a year! Meanwhile, I will just have to use Doman method.

They are probably somewhat similar. You will be giving your child a great head start!

Nhockaday,
Can u pls let me know that in this ESP excercise kid will always be able to get correct answer like say if i have selected blue color in my mind and if he answers the same.So in this type of games he will be able to get correct answer alwayz or it will come through practice??

Sapna