We are starting to use right brain education to our son

Hi Teresa,

Apart from the Tweedlewink videos, did ou get other educational materials from the rigtbrainkids website which you find helpful too?

Thanks,
Diana

Hi Diana,

hm… so far I have not bought anything else yet, since the DVDs already contain the printable flash cards. My husband and I looked into the store lately and we saw some interesting products that we wanted to buy, just haven’t had the time to order yet… 8)

Teresa

Hi Teresa sorry for bothering you by asking questions.As i said earlier that i want to buy course of right brain.But they dont have centers where i stay.And if i buy the online course will it contain the learning e book explaining the course or the recorded course where in we can see and hear them actually (video kind) of there earlier class?And if i buy only dvd’s of 7 set will it contain everything that how to use it and how many times i should show the dvd in a day when to go to next set. Pls let me know.Because i want to buy them on my son’s second b’day as a gift which is on 20th of this mnth.And they have the center in Chicago,USA so over there are they conducting the course where in we go can go there and attend the actual class?

Sapna

The best what you can do is to go to their website (www.rightbrainkids.com) and read everything there. And after that if you still have questions you can write them an email. I was myself interested in taking the Tweedlewink courses (they are now over the internet only) and buing the DVDs so I wrote them the email with my questions and Wennie answered my questions in few days.

Tweedlewink course:
In this overview course you will learn…

• How you can boost your child’s brain development in as little as ten minutes a day
    A brief overview of brain research that impacts what we teach and why
    How to plant the seeds of language, math, science, and other knowledge-builders
    How to stimulate your child’s ability to perceive pitch through music, instruments and tuning forks
    What the six stages of development are, how to teach to each developmental stage and where your child currently resides
    How to know when to teach, and when to just relax
    How to get started right now, using what you have

My child deserves to get a great head start in life. I understand that for my small investment of $98, I’m going to get…

• All four weekly course audio modules, each having the teaching presentation, and a question-and-answer period
    The course workbook and charts so I can follow-along with the audio
    Personal email access to the instructor for support
    Plus, my free bonus eBook How to Bring Out Your Child’s Genius in just Ten Minutes a Day so I can immediately begin reading about Right Brain Education and start practicing some of the techniques.

…for the one-time payment of $98.

Thanks pupisek for the additional information! :slight_smile:

Hi Sapna, the seminar is recorded in a CD and you can just buy it for $98 and they will ship it to your home. There is not a physical classroom for the seminar. The DVD is the actual learning material for your son and you can play it to him. You can check out this sample lesson in the DVD:

http://www.rightbrainkids.com/jv/hop/?Clk=2320030

This is one of the lessons and there are 16 lessons in 4 of the 7 DVDs. The other 3 are phonics, math and foreign DVDs.

Teresa

I recommend babybit (www.babybit.com I think!) which has 7 hours of lessons (3 per day, for 15 weeks!) per DVD. Teaches reading and maths, and available in English, Spanish and Catalan. It’s 58euros per DVD, which is nearly $100 AUD per DVD, but you get far more info per DVD as compared to Tweedlewink, which costs about half the price (I know this for a fact, I bought both recently).

Thanks Nikita. So does your kids like the Babybit DVD? It’s quite expensive but as you said may worth it because there’s so many info packed inside it. How’s the content compared to that of Tweedlewink’s? Does it include varieties like cultures, science, music and phonics?? I looked at the sample and I only see words and math flash cards… but I like the fact that it contains so many languages! :yes: (although the English is of an accent different from what we use in North America).

Teresa

babybit is of more interest to Azaria who is 8 months as she prefers words and big clear pictures. With Tweedle wink I considered buying a huge TV screen because many of the images are small, not even half the screen.
I havent been able to look at all the DVDs as I’ve lost my remote control, but it does seem that you are correct, Tweedlewink has all the music, encyclopaedic knowledge etc, but personally I think for the price they should have crammed a few more hours into the DVDs… 4 lessons per DVD isnt much at 8 minutes a lesson…
As Azaria is very into words being flashed she loses concentration with Tweedlewink and turns her head away when they just flash pictures like the inside of a plant cell. They say the words, like golgi apparatus but dont show the written word…this bores her.
WHY NOT???
To get Spanish on Babybit you have to buy the Spanish DVD separately…it’s the exact same stuff, just spanish words and voiceovers.
I found a great product though, it’s not flashcards, it’s more entertaining but yet very educational…we have it on TV over here…I just ordered all the DVDs last night…very cheap prices too…you can see clips etc… www.kidsinglish.com (it’s actually a New Zealand production… if you think the Aussie accent is bad…theirs might possibly be worse. Fish and chips is Fush and chups! And you really dont want to know how the number six is pronounced. With an E ! But nothing wrong with the English accent (nothing beats the Queen’s English which is used in British kids DVDs)… if anyone has the right to speak English, it’s the English. We Aussies try to spell like the English, so I have this problem with US DVDs, I have to correct the spelling of colour.)
you could ask the Babybit guy if he puts art, science etc into his reading words…I’d let you know when I find my remote…

Thank you Nikita for good tips. I agree that on Baby Bits there is much more information (6 and half hours of teaching on each DVD) but I do not like the pictures much. Doman says that a picture beeing used as BIT of information should be a clear object without any background. And it is usually not the case of BABYBITS presentations. But on the other hand I have not seen all the presentations, just the samples… So I do not know about other pictures on the DVDs… :wub:

Hi Teresa and KL,

Brenda here from S’pore. I am new in the forum and I’m interested with the on-going discussion on Tweedlewink. We’re planning to get perhaps Tweedlewink with/or Wink.
I’m a stay home mum with a 19mth old baby boy. We’re using GD and schicida method. My baby is already reading though he can’t quite talk yet. But, he knows the words and sentences. Schicida method of flashing the cards appeared not very fantastic for my boy. He only loves certain categories not all of them. Our objective is to stimulate both brains and keep his right brain open with this products.

Can you tell me more about your experience with the Tweedlewink?Any experience with Wink?

Anyone in the forum tried Wink? As my baby already can read sentences, I believe he’s starting using his left brain.

Anyone tried “Memory Magic”? It is only $49.95 for stimulation of right brain learning. You may go into “www.accelaratedlearningmethods.com/memory-magic”.

Btw, is there any distributors for Tweedlewink/ Wink in S’pore?

Thanks for advice.

Brenda

Anyone tried “Memory Magic”?

Hi Brenda,

I have tried to go to the link you post but it’s unavailable. What’s that about?

I have started Tweedlewink with my baby girl, who is almost 22 month now. I think she likes it. At the beginning, she sat more still but not now. I believe she has already watched the DVDs few times, and thus, she may have lost interests. So recently, I have started giving her the language DVD and the math one and it seems better!!

Hi Tina,

Here is the link. http://www.acceleratedlearningmethods.com/memory-magic.html

I have never try this product but I received testimonial from friends using the Chinese program Wink To Learn. http://www.acceleratedlearningmethods.com/chinese-for-kids.html

Regards,
Angie

Hi angie,

Thanks for your link. The Chinese DVD is pretty attractive!! May consider buying it.

Tina

Thanks for the Chinese resource Angie! I looked at the sample video and it’s pretty good. Do you know if they have traditional Chinese available?

Just found out recently that the TweedleWink has new DVD lessons coming out:

http://www.rightbrainkids.com/jv/hop/?af=742989

It’s lesson 5 & 6. Check them out!

I don’t think they have traditional Chinese. Anyway, I attached the syllabus found in their website. I didn’t use it as my ds knows most of the words in the syllabus. :slight_smile:

Hi Diana,

So far I have only got the DVD packages and I have ordered DVD 5&6 which have just come out. My husband and I are also thinking of getting the relaxation audio CD for our 2 bigger kids (under Wink - Step 1 Relaxation) as it will help them to enter a learning mode. :yes:

have a great Christmas!! :laugh:

Teresa

i have a 4 years old girl, next year 5 years old, should i buy tweedlewink or wink dvd?

Tweedlewink is meant for children up to 6. You will be able to use it many times over in over a year, but they are a pretty hefty investment. If you’re looking for something to use longer, than I suggest getting the Wink DVDs.

yes, on their web site, they said:

“Wink is the super-duper Right Brain program for children who have become verbal and acquired more left-brain logical thinking skills. It is also ideal for teens, adults and seniors who wish to enrich their life experiences.”

So I guess if your 4-year old is using left brain more, then she can try the Wink program:

http://www.rightbrainkids.com/jv/hop/?af=742989
Click on “Wink” in the middle.

Teresa

I’ve just bought the Memory Magic DVD that Brenda suggested. It has 25% discount now with code 20081130 - they said the offer is good til Dec 20 but I’ve just checked that the coupon is still there:

http://www.acceleratedlearningmethods.com/learning-products.html

http://www.acceleratedlearningmethods.com/memory-magic.html

Merry Christmas!

Teresa