Your baby's favorite educationa DVD?

Which are the ones you don’t regret buying?
And the ones you were disapointed with?

Little Pim was the best investment so far (daughter has been watching it for months and still enjoys it)

Little Pim, My LO loves it.

I recently aquired Signing time from a friend and she loooooooooves that to.

Little Pim, definetly, she loves it

Kiddie Viddie in different languages ( we rotate between spanish, english, portugese, russian and chinese)

YBCR

She did not like Twiddle Wink that much, which I was surprised about

I have ordered Little PIM German, but it has not yet arrived so I can’t comment on it.

My daughter really enjoys Trebellina. She loves the music and catchy tunes and tries to sing along.

Same here for TW. I probably agree with GD: flashing needs to be relatively short to keep the child’s attention. 8 mn is way to much IMO.

Laughinwater, can you tell me a bit more about Trebellina? what are their claims? how/how many times is she meant to watch it?

Trebellina, is a video with an animated note “Trebellina” and her friends, introducing basic notes, instruments and rhytm. It is not a series, but one video, it is a fun way to supplement childs introduction to music. However, we use number of other programs and materials to make it well rounded. As a part of a musical education, it is great, on its own, it definetly will need some other additional activities. We supplement it with perfect pitch training, musical flashcards, LR files, music listening and practical experience with instruments. Hope this helps, there are some other reviews on the forums as well.

My son is on a Sesame Street kick right now. I have a bunch of the videos about letters and numbers and stuff. He absolutely loves them. He requests “street” every time i say we’re going to watch a video. We don’t watch them on TV though.
He likes Trebellina, Tweedlewink, and Leapfog, and he loved Sighing Time.
He also watches the Preschool Prep series, Monki See, and Brainy Baby. We have been long done with YBCR, but I try to sneak one in every once in a while.

Hi Skylark,

This is the first time I’ve heard of Kiddie Viddie. Can you please tell me more about it? Thanks!

They are older baby music videos with values or skills ( like brushing your teeth, being a friend, sharing, my mommy is expecting a baby, helping, pets), some of them have Christian values, which I personally really like. They are songs with children singing and dancing, geared for very young viewers up to about 4 years old. They were originally done on video tapes (I’ve seen others using them way back then), now I got them on DVDs, but even though the picture quality is not the best ( since they were just re-mastered from the tapes), my baby realy likes the upbeat songs, and often I just even play the songs as a background music when she plays ( I dont let her watch videos that much anyways). They have French, English, Spanish, Portugese option on the DVDs themselves, and then I got audio CDs with most of the same songs in Russian and Chinese from the producers a while back, so I am rotating playing the songs between Russian, Mandarin, Spanish and English ( languages that she is learning) PM me, if you would like to know more.

Here is the website for the Trebellina video.
http://www.trebellina.com/

I don’t think it is meant as an educational program. It is just one more fun way to expose your kids to music, notes, singing, and a bit of reading. I’d equate it to Readeez - fun, and probably she will learn something, but not necessarily a proven method like Doman.

We have a $5 off coupon in our forum shop too.

Agree, good point, and as an additional entertainment with good input about notes and musical instruments, I think it is great. We just started it, only watched it a few times, and I think she is growing in loving it :smiley:

Oh, my baby also loves the Alphabet of Science DVD…

hi all
my son loves the brainy baby dvds i bought all of them it gave an introduction to phonics,maths,music,art,language.i also bought him “your baby can read!” dvds,he likes it too.

Everthing which flashes and does not have some sort of interesting features (like sound) my 16mo tunes out straight away. (She’s getting to enjoy LR but most ‘boring’ files like colors and alphabet aren’t working for us)
Anything consisting of real baby/child interactions she can watch for over 10mn without looking away.

In our home, YBCR DVD’s are always enjoyed when played, as are the Tweedlewink & Little Pim (french, spanish & mandarin) DVD’s. Our 20 month old DD loves the Trebellina video but I think our 4 y.o. DS seems to have “outgrown” it. I’m always looking for quality educational DVD’s since our kids do not watch much regular TV programs. I’m looking forward to adding Tweedlewink DVD #7 to our collection (perhaps a stocking stuffer for Christmas) – we do watch the occasional Thomas the Tank Engine or Curious George videos, as a “treat” :slight_smile:

Trebellina, hands down.

my son loves tweedle wink, little pim, talking word factory and letter factory and trebellina. Javi will watch anything I put infront of him.

My son and daughter enjoy YBCR, Trebellina, Little Pim (Spanish & French), Wink to Learn Chinese, Baby Learns Chinese, WhistleFritz (Spanish) and the Simple Science Videos by Peter Weatherall. For some reason, they don’t pay much attention to Tweedlewink.

For some reason, it seems than many children on this forum do not pay attention to TW. I thought my daughter was starting to enjoy it, but she’d rather look around. the fact that she looks around in the first few seconds makes me think it is either the music or the lady’s voice which don’t appeal to her.