Your baby's favorite educationa DVD?

It is a very interesting observation, I wonder if ayone else has any thoughts…

tobias8 could you tell me a little bit more about the simple science videos? what is the age range?

My son has always liked TW. It makes me curious as to whether parents are “doing it right”? You are supposed to show it when you are both calm; a restful state is preferred, like right before bed or right after waking up. You are supposed to hold your child on your lap and cuddle while you watch. You are supposed to remove any negative of counterproductive thoughts from your head and focus on the lesson and positive thoughts of your child and his/her future.

I have to admit we’ve never watched TW like this. Usually she’s in the high chair and watches it while I prepare her breakfast. I’ll try your suggestions tomorrow…

baby Einstein,wheels on the bus,signing time .my 15 mth son really enjoys these dvds. :nowink:

Hi all, my daughter’s favorite education DVD is brainybaby and Alisha like to see POCOYO :slight_smile:

I agree with Nhockaday on the Sesame Street videos. I love Sesame Street. They have some great DVDs on numbers and letters.

My favorite DVDs are

Sesame Street
Signing Time
and of course Monki See Monki Doo

My daughter has watched Trebellina 3 times so far, and she was REALLY into it. She kept on dancing, clapping and better, repeating after the letter D and B.

My son loves Brainy baby DVDs, especially alphabets, numbers and colours, :smiley: as well as fun with phonics made by BBC. :smiley:

Tobias (or someone who knows) can I have you opinion on Baby Learns Chinese?
Would it be a good supplement to Little Pim?

any ideal how & where can i purchase those sets over here in singapore? currently my boy is keen in hi 5 (switching around & love is all around) dvd bible, hillsong kids & baby genius. thought what I read here may be of great interest to him.

There’s a Singapore forum…you could ask again on that. And ask if anyone wants to swap anything…

Otherwise most items you have to buy from the manufacturer from overseas…like Brainy baby from the Brainy baby site etc. Best to google things, and compare whether you can buy things cheaper on ebay (US, UK, Australia etc) or amazon (UK, US). Singapore ebay has good stuff on there!!!

Thank you so much all for sharing this info. I haven’t really been giving my child any DVDs except YBCR (she loves), Baby Learns Chinese (so-so) and Tweedlewink (she does not like). Will definitely have a look at Little Pims and also Trebellina!

My son LOVES YBCR, i tried brainy baby and even leap frog. he didn’t seem to like them much. i try the others too, soon insha allah

All of you that like the YBCR should try Monki See. I just got an email today from a customer that says she has both and her baby likes Monki See better. She said the sound effects before the words and the puppets keep her baby’s attention. They are meant to be more entertaining than YBCR which means your baby will want to watch it again and again. The two products do work well together since they have different words and the format is different. It helps keep baby from getting bored with just one program. We also have a one year money back guarantee if you are not delighted with our products.

Just a thought. :slight_smile:

Well, I know a lot of parents on here have written about not liking puppets or animations, but real footage of real people and things, but the criticism of early learning paper I posted a week or so ago (not written by me of course, I’m an advocate of early learning)…he did make the point there is evidence (studies have shown) children learn best when the information is first presented by a puppet!! Plenty of puppets on Monki See. That’s why SEsame Street works so well. You might want to research that further, Krista G…see if you can get a hold of those scientific study reports.

I like Monki See. I use it alongside other dvds. Because kids get bored with the same thing over and over.

Nikkita,

Thanks, I will check into that. I noticed from my own personal experiences that some of my babies would watch YBCR but not the same way they would watch Baby Einstein or Sesame Street. The whole goal with Monki See has been to make it fun, because if they don’t want to watch it, what are they going to learn? I am a big advocate of making learning fun for my kids. I love silly poems, as you well know. I like music to teach as well. I have found these to be very enjoyable ways to teach my children and have implemented these methods in our Monki See DVDS. We do have plenty of real world images as well. I agree that you have to mix it up with whatever you do or it gets boring. We use videos, flash cards, books, magnetic letters, dry erase boards and so forth to teach our babies to read.

My kids too love Sesame Street and I also bought the set of Teach 2 Talk and Teach 2 Play. They are really great and very realistic, no cartoons or anything. Just life like situations.

Oh well,
She loves Signing Time…, YBCR, Signing Time, Little Pim(she is more into it latetly) more Signing Time and of course more Signing Time.
I just ordered some Leap frog dvd’s will see how she likes them.