What do you do to earn money?

I’m curious as to what other parents do for work - I am starting to explore my options. :slight_smile:

I am a day nanny. I work 4 days a week for about 32+ hours a week. I babysit for someone else on the weekends and get another 5-12 hours. The money isn’t great, but I get to have my son with me and he gets to play with other kids. I also take surveys online through reputable companies and make an extra $300 or so p/m.

Nhockaday, I think you’re going to get a lot of queries about those survey websites lol

It’s definitely not for everyone. It’s very boring and takes a lot of time to make money. But it is easy if you don’t mind being bored and sitting in front of the pc.

I have too many random things going on. Ordered by actual cash in my pocket:
Vending machines (candy, snack, soda, and a few combos)
Leather-soled baby shoes
Blogs
Rental property
Staging homes for sale
Pretending to sell an MLM-company product

I actually do very little myself. I pay other people to fill the machines, sew the shoes, repair leaky faucets, and move the furniture. I do write my blogs myself, and I do all the legwork to get supplies/materials, tenants, clients, etc.

I’m a strong believer in diversification. But there was no way to become very diversified without outsourcing. I make less money, but I have more time, so it works for me.

I do web sites - web designing and web development for a living. It is easy and interesting. I work as and when I get projects. Previous to child birth I used to slog from even 6 am to 2am at work = I could take many work on shoulders. But after marriage and child birth my child doesnt allow sitting on computer as he wants it all for himself. So work and finding work - has drastically reduced. I should improve after my child goes to pre school.

My friend has told me about surveys. I think it is good to make money that way too.

Lots of interesting ideas, and some good ones I never would have thought of. More research for me!

I am keen to do something too as I resigned from my job to spend more time with my two year old toddler. Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

I too think of same question over and over. As I am full time worker and get little time to spend with my kid.
There are so many options but I still don’t know what to choose.
1-Make cupcake and sell.
2-have a baby shop.
3- Give tuition
4-Day Care center

me too, i have been wanting to give up my full time job and spend more time with my daughter…i always wanted to work as a freelancer,so that i could work when she takes her nap in the afternoon.

is there any genuine online work from home for all parents who stay at home so that we could still earn while nurturing our kids!

thanks

I am also looking at ways of making money while spending more time with my son. I am thinking of starting a letting agent, I am still doing research on that. I am also looking at online ways to make money.

hi all,
it is a great subject. I am a mam for two kids.7 months and 2 years. I was HR and administration Manager.But when i got pregnant my doctor asked me to resign.so I did from then i am not working.

I am thinking to start a project related to kids. I have a lot of information about everything related to how to raise kids, teach music,…i made a lot of researches,

I hope i will have my own baby center or …these days.

thanks
Rasha

I am not working, I stay home full time. However, some ideas I’ve considered or done in the past:
childcare in my home
writing curricula for different grades
product tester
teaching a class in my home to homeschoolers

I would love to do translation jobs from home. Some of my friends use online translators (sending a text in a language and having translated to another language the next day). When it comes to applying though, i have no idea whether the company is reliable or not. They are just so many!

Same goes with online tuition: I’ve seen some websites where basically anyone can give lessons though Skype and have no training other than being bilingual. Some people charge nothing and some lower their prices so much that it’s not worth doing it.

Are they really work I have seen many adds in internet. How much one can earn?? I am interested to know more about it.
Any technical skills required?
:confused: :confused:

A lot of people have been asking about the surveys I take, so here is a list of sites that I use:
http://www.dailysurveypanel.com/?r=nhockaday- my favorite by far. They send you invites for 7 surveys a day. You can only complete 1 through each panel each day. If you complete more than 1, you won’t get credit for it. You can get paypal for as little as $1 or gift cards starting at $5. I earn tons of money through them. The only problem is that they utilize other survey panels, so you have to make sure that you clear cookies for certain surveys. Also, there is a science behind their surveys, but unless you are going to be a serious survey taker like myself, it’s not important.
www.toluna.com- one of my favorites, but a tricky one. They will send you a couple of invites every day, but they always have tons of surveys available, and you have to log in to take them. You really have to check frequently. They also have polls you can take to earn points. You cash out at $20. I have made a lot of money here, but it takes a lot of devotion to make money. A lot of other survey sites use their surveys too. I have earned $30 on several occasions by participating in live chats. I am pretty sure that this panel is available in different countries.
http://mindfieldonline.com/referral/fa25333f- they send you invitations. You only need $5 to cash out by Paypal or check. They don’t send a whole lot, but they are all worth more than $1.
https://www.surveysavvy.com?id=4153526&action=join- They will email you with surveys. I don’t think there is a minimum to request a check. Again, they don’t send much, but they are all over $1.
www.mysurvey.com- they send you invitations for very short screener surveys. You get a few points for taking them and may qualify for a longer survey that will earn you more points. Points can be used for gift cards, paypal, amazon and other prizes.
us.lightspeedpanel.com- one of my favorites; they send invites and you can get paypal, Amazon or other prizes. I sometimes get several invites a day.
www.opinionoutpost.com- they will send you email invites when a survey is available. You can cash out when you reach $5 and get a check or Amazon GC.
www.springboardamerica.com- not one of my favorites b/c you have to earn $50 before cashing out, and they don’t send you me many surveys. It took me a year to make $50.
www.surveyhead.com- they do not send invitations; you can log in several times a day to see available surveys. You cash out at $25 or can get other prizes, like subscriptions, for less. It doesn’t take much to earn $25 as long as you check in frequently.
www.globaltestmarket.com- they send you invitations and you must earn $50 before cashing out. It takes a while to earn $50, but they send you a good number of surveys.
www.mysurvey.com- they occasionally send you invites, but you do better by logging on throughout the day. Some surveys give you a lot of points and some not so many, but it’s a good site. I always get Amazon GCs, but they have a lot of other prizes too.
www.valuedopinions.com- they send email invites, and you cash out at $20. They don’t send many, but they are worth $1 or more.
www.globalopinionpanels.com- they send invites and you can cash out at $5. They have a lot of product tests. Another favorite.
www.i-say.com- they will send surveys and you can cash out for gifts cards at $10.
www.epollsurveys.com- they send invites, but not many. Most of the surveys are entertainment-related. I get maybe one survey a month, if that.

I’m not sure how many of these will be available in other countries besides US and Canada, but you can poke around and see if they are available where you live if you are in another country. I know a few of them are. If you are just starting out or don’t have much time, I recommend that you start with panels that send you email invitations. That way you just get a few a week and don’t get too bogged down with surveys. Make sure you take the profile surveys that are available on many of the sites. They ask a lot of questions that help them match you with surveys that are appropriate for you. Still, you will run into a lot of surveys that you will not qualify for, even after spending a few minutes on a survey. This is frustrating, but completely normal.
I spend way too much time taking surveys. I normally make about $300 a month, but last month I made over $500. A lot of people just take a few surveys a week and earn more than enough to pay for Christmas. If you want to make a lot of money, it will take you a little bit of time to learn the ins and outs, but once you figure it out, you can make easy money. Plus, sometimes you will get to participate in a product test. They will send you a product to test (and keep!) and you will earn points or money for your feedback. I have tested diapers, toilet paper, all kinds of food, cat litter, hair care, lotion, washing detergent, trash bags, and the list goes on. A lot of it is expensive stuff that I would already buy at the store.
There are some other consumer panels I participate in, but I think they are by invitation only, so I won’t mention them.

Oh, and for those in the US and Canada, here is a search engine that I use to earn Amazon GCs http://soc.li/QgK9Jqc?ref=nf. It’s called Swagbucks, and you can earn swagbucks by searching, getting special codes, watching videos, taking surveys, and so much more. They have a lot of ways to earn. I am a heavy user and I earn about $5 a week. It is very addicting!

Karma, thank you!

You’re welcome. Feel free to ask any questions.

A favorite survey panel of mine is now recruiting. I didn’t mention it on the above post b/c they only recruit occasionally by invitation . I LOVE them b/c they pay you $3 per survey, you get to test tons of products, and after you test a product you get another $3 for a follow-up survey. The surveys are normally about 10-15 minutes long and they are sent based on your answers to screeners and your profile. So you always qualify for the survey and will get paid for it, even if they don’t send you a product to test. I have tested a lot of really great full-sized products, and you get to keep them too.
And they are a great starter panel b/c they only send you a few surveys per month. If you want to try out the survey-taking experience and have a few spare minutes a few times a month, I highly recommend you join.
http://www.pineconeresearch.com/signup/ds632.aspx?&sid=BGR

Ho much time you devote on these surveys and how much money you earn from those daily?

Thanks