Total Development Programme

Hi everyone!
Have u heard of the Total Development Program offered by www.educationaltechnologies.com
It is offered in some countries…has anyone bought it?
They r giving me a presentation on 15th May…this Saturday…so i was wondering if anyone else has known this programme and used it.

Thanks

i have not heard of it, but thanks for telling us all about it!
would you mind reporting back to the forum and telling us ab out the program but your impressions? i’m sure we would all trust the impressions from a parent from this forum…
thanks and i’m looking forward to your report!
the doc :clown:

It’s a bit silly they don’t give prices online or over the phone. I can only image the cost! LOL
They also don’t have any distrubuters in Canada or the US.
Let us know what happens!

Yes I will let u’ll know what the presentation is abt…

Hmmm…looks interesting, but I would be very curious to know the price…

Has anyone tried this?

I was reading a thread and “VictoriaC” said she’s used it. She probably knows how much, etc.

http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner-general-chat/singaporeans-and-malaysians!/30/

Thanks Ouroboros for providing info. on the thread.

I finally had the presentation by TOTAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ppl.
A lady had come to my place with lots of materials like books, cds, dvds etc
I’d say its an Advanced Doman method. Every bit that we present to the child goes into details and more details.
They have classified the learning age-wise and hence there is a curriculum to be followed each year.

Frankly I was not very impressed with the program. If I give all the detailed knowledge to my child at home, what is she going to learn new at school? Whats the point in sending my child to school if she already knows everything?

The cost of the program was abt INR 6000 i.e. $130.

Hi Khush,

Thanks for your information. Could you please provide the contact details of the lady. I am currently in India. May be I could see their demo as well.

arvi,

you can fill in this form and submit it online to request for a free presentation in your area:

http://www.educationaltechnologies.com/home/free_presentation

I spoke to a representative of educationaltechnologies and this is what she was quoting the price for each of the products.

Total development program (complete set) - 1,40,000 INR
Math kit - 20,650 INR
Values kit - 20,650 INR
Reading kit - 42,500 INR

Very expensive products. But I have not yet seen any of their presentations. I am planning to look at these products to see if its worth the money. Instead of spending money for this, I think it is worth spending for other books and enrich knowledge.

Arvi,
Very true…its very expensive…I dont know how she quoted such a huge amount…the lady who came to our house said it was for Rs 6000…which I found to be “not worth the money”. They mainly focus on homeschooling, which is why their products are so expensive…
Instead we can buy a lot of reading books and educational toys/materials with the same amount…

I’m confused. I wonder what is the correct amount? What Khush was quoted sounds affordable, but the other quote is definetly not an affordable price. $130 for the entire program sound very cheap actually. There is a LOT of books and equipment. Anyone else had quotes?

I converted the INR price to AUD and found it to be 3204 dollars very expensive. What are the materials like are they good quality? worht the price. That price is approx 2 1/2 terms at montessori school.

There are alot of products though.

I think what Khush has quoted 6000 INR to be monthly payment. The lady to whom I spoke told that it costs 5000 INR as EMI for 36 months (the complete package). They have EMIs for each of the kits as well.

Maybe they are expensive but i like the FREE book on the value of sharing: Big bear’s book.
I recomend you download it.

Arvi,
I think u’re right…maybe it was the EMI that i remember from the presentation…so the correct amt is what was quoted to u…
Total development program (complete set) - 1,40,000 INR
Math kit - 20,650 INR
Values kit - 20,650 INR
Reading kit - 42,500 INR

Kimba,
the materials are very good…high quality…the content is vast and in detail (which we can easily source from google) but definately not worth the amt…
and to keep up with their exact curriculum (like first teaching from book and then using the cd, then revision…its like u opening a school in yr house!) sounded little impractical to me…

So if I’m getting that right, it’s about $131.36 a month for 3 years, so $4728.96? Yikes! I think I could buy every other program out there for that price!

I saw the presentation today. I am impressed with few of the books. Unfortunately, they are not selling individual books. We have to buy it as a set.

I liked the Cognitive skills set with ABC treasure hunt and Visual perception book. This set seems to contain lots of other materials as well, in total 17 books. The price is around 20,650 INR :frowning:

The Knowledge series also seems to be good though we can get such kinds of materials from other sources. This set provides a wide horizon of information (though not complete) in such a way that it can be scaled down to a kid’s level. I am wondering if we can provide such an enrichment ourselves at home without the use of this set.

But other sets like Reading, Math etc did not appeal to me much. I am still in a dilemma if I should go for one of the above sets. Unfortunately, there are not enough reviews to make a proper decision.