Themes To Remember Vol. 1, Classical Magic

one last question if i may
how long is the cd?
i really want to get it but it seems a little high at $30 with out shipping :frowning:

It’s a must in our home. It comes with a textbook that has a write up about the composers and all the words to the songs. They first play the piece without words. Then they announce who it is and play it with the words. Now my son announces who it is when only the piece without the words comes on, using the composers full name.
Worth every penny in my book.
It has 80 tracks so 40 pieces. There not whole piece piece thought

Hi Tatianna,
In answer to your questions:

1. What I can see is the difference is that BW has silly lyrics that are tonnes of fun for your child, CM’s lyrics are not necessarily fun or funny…they aren’t particularly exciting lyrics BUT they do reflect the composer’s interpretation of their own music and/or incorporate the title, composer’s name an other pertinent information about the style of music.

2.I’d give it a high rating. It’s a very good tool that will likely teach you as well!

3 & 4. I honestly think that the words add to the experience. It will help your child to remember facts about the composer, instruments and style.

The textbook is not a pretty book. It does have pencil drawings but they’re not particularly pleasing or interesting to look at, however, it gives you LOTS of information and it’s laid out very well. It’s easy to read and to teach from.

I agree with what Kizudo said. I am very happy with it and I think the lyrics are a good thing. They really help you remember the piece b/c the composer is named in every one.

thanks for the replies
i will definitely be getting this
sadly i will have to wait till next month as i already spent my school money on a Latin program :frowning:
oh well
karma to all of you

they have on their website teacher guide for themes to remember . ANYBODY GOT IT AND FOUND IT USEFUL ??
VIV