Themes To Remember Vol. 1, Classical Magic

If you get me a copy next time I see you, I can scan it and send it to nhockaday.

That would be great :slight_smile:

I found the stuff I had saved…

I’ve attempted my first attachments :slight_smile: Hopefully they show up!

Perfect! Thanks for sharing! Karma to you

Thanks you v much.

We have Themes to Remember Vol 1. We play them here and there, but I have not figured out how to use it with my 15 month old daughter. She will not sit still to listen to me read from a book with very small font. Could you guys tell me how you have been using it? I downloaded kizudo posted here (thanks for that, karma to you!) and now what? :blink:

They had a long term lesson plan that I want to get my hands on. If anybody has that I would be forever grateful. I should have printed the whole mess out when I looked at it months ago.

Joha, I think they recommended doing the lessons with older children. My son never seemed interested in the book portion either. Maybe you can just play the songs for now and then read the book portion when she gets a little older. You can still tell her who the composer is and what period it’s from and maybe some other little tidbit.

That is great info Nikki. I’ll try that. Thanks!

My little creature is almost two - we started this a few months ago.

What I do is I tell him who we’re going to listen to, show him the picture and highlight a few things that I had read (to myself) earlier. Ie. “We’re going to listen to Vivaldi’s concerto. He liked to play the violin. (I may show him a picture of a violin at this point - from the free Brillkids flashcards). He also liked to teach other people about music so he became a teacher at a girls school. This concerto is about the season spring - see the picture?” (and then we highlight some things we see in the drawing). Then I play the version with words and then without. Sometimes I’ll repeat the two songs, but only very, very rarely do I do a second song/composer. Only one composer/one song per sitting.

Hope this helps.

And I second you, nhockaday! I wish I had been able to see into the future and copy all the good stuff they had on their site!

Hey! I just thought that I’d start this topic up again.
We’ve been using this for 3 months or so and we LOVE it. My son has learned so much from it. He tells people that he likes Johann Sebastian Bach and Antonio Vivaldi. Its too cute! I love watching him dance around to this type of music. I really hope I’m fostering a love for the classics that I never had as a child

waterdreamer,

I bought Themes to Remember 1 and Beethovens Wig because the information I received in this site a year ago and my grandson (2.5 years at that time) really like it. When my husband tried to change the music he said ‘Papapa deja’ (leave that music, dont change) even before he talk much.
He likes can can, beethovens wig (5th), Surprise, William Tell.
He was too small to follow the book but I mention the title and composer.

I left it for a while bit will resume with the book and following kizudos suggestions

[quote author=kizudo link=topic=7707.msg47355#msg47355 date=1266462272]
… show him the picture and highlight a few things that I had read (to myself) earlier. Ie. “We’re going to listen to Vivaldi’s concerto. He liked to play the violin. (I may show him a picture of a violin at this point - from the free Brillkids flashcards). He also liked to teach other people about music so he became a teacher at a girls school. This concerto is about the season spring - see the picture?” (and then we highlight some things we see in the drawing). Then I play the version with words and then without. Sometimes I’ll repeat the two songs, but only very, very rarely do I do a second song/composer. Only one composer/one song per sitting.

2010BEBES, that is so cute! My son doesn’t like it when I change this CD too!

I totally agree with this. I have never been a classical music fan but I like music. I used to play accordion in elementary. I think this was an excellent adquisition not only for my grandson but for me. I am starting to recognize and appreciate more the classics.
… and also have a nice time with the lyrics (especially in Beethovens Wig).

Thanks! You’re both inspiring me to start up the music again!

Side note: A few months ago I bought the Suzuki Violin CD and only played it on two different occasions when I brought out my son’s balance beam. The other day I put the CD on and he ran to where we keep the beam stuff and yelled “bawance beam time!” My Pavlov experience :slight_smile:

I know its been awhile but the website I have book marked for this site says
http://www.themes-to-remember.com/6YearSchedule.html
Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! You’re awesome.

Thank you so much!!! That is so perfect karma to you!
I’ve been fighting trying to figure out how to teach this program.

HeyBlue!

Thank you! You have made a very valuable posting! Thank you, Thank you, thank you!

Excelent contribution HeyBlue41,
I had no idea of time frame for showing each piece and the level of difficulty.
It will certainly help me a lot. I already pass it to word.

Karma to you for the link and to waterdreamer for opening this thread.

hi everyone i have a few questions about this music program

what’s the difference between this and Beethoven’s Wig or are they the same thing?

also as there are so many things on my wish list how would you rate it over all?

and finally do you think adding words to the music keeps the child from being able to enjoy the music on its own?

i play a cd of music from one composer every day for a week (this week it’s Bach)
i tell her the name of the composer but don’t make a big deal about it
we have been doing this off and on for two years
sometime she will pick out a composer on the radio without being ask (she has done this maybe 4 times)
do you think this program will help or will it get her interested in the words only?
thank so much
tatianna