Success story : Brain injured child can read, they are fast-reader!!!

HI ,

I FORGOT TO MENTION ONE MORE THING. I ALSO USE AYURVEDIC METHOD TO HELP MY DS CHILD… I HAVE CONSULTED AYURVEDIC PRACTITIONER FROM INDIA WHO HAS GIVEN ME REMEDIES TO IMPROVE HER CONDITION.

i MUST SAY SHE HAS BEEN VERY ACTIVE AND HER MEMORY POWER IS GOOD. IMAGINE SHE WAKES UP AT 7.30am and GOES TO BED AT 12.30PM AT NIGHT! AND SHE IS VERY ACTIVE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE DAY AND ONLY NAPS FOR 2 HOURS IN THE AFTERNOON.

I AM COMBINING BOTH GLENN DOMAN AND AYURVEDIC TO HELP HER. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY GOD BY GIVING ME NEW IDEAS OR WAYS TO TEACH MY KID. EVRYONE IS SURPRISED WITH MY DAUGHTER’S IMPROVEMENT.

SHE ACTUALLY RECOGNISED NUMBERS 1-10 AND DOTS ONE SHE WAS 2 YEARS …AND A FEW WORDS CAT, OWL. ETC

NOW HER VOCABULARY IS INCREASING …I AM PLANNING TO LEAVE MY JOB AND TEACH HER FULL TIME.

BLESS YOU ALL!

Sounds like you are doing a lot of good work, but I couldn’t let the above go without comment. Do you mean to say that your child gets only seven hours of sleep per night? I hope you don’t mind my saying so, but that is not even close to enough. A recent book, Nurture Shock, takes a whole chapter to explain just how crucial a full night’s sleep is to optimum mental functioning, especially for children. Just thought I would point this out, I may be off base–maybe I am not understanding something.

Hi daddude,

Thank for your opinion, her waking hours are different some days at 7.30, the other days at 8am… i use to be worried as well since we have lots of problem to make her sleep at night…imagine we take to bed at 11pm and she woudl sit on the bed and play and then i have to switch on the tv and she watches her educational cd’s then she would fall asleep on her own when her brain is tired! i must confess it is not easy for us as we are wanting her to sleep early as well.!.. if u have any ideas to help her sleep early pls share with me.

i have consulted family dr and ayurvedic drs and was informed as long as she can perform daily tasks well it is alright to have lesser sleep. A few of my friends whose kids also following the same programme- doman and other teaching methods… My friend’s kid wakes up at 7.30am , does not nap at all in the afternoon and at night the parents have to force him to sleep around 12.30 to 1am- i was told by the parents sometimes they have to scold him then only he would go to bed.

i really hope that i can change her sleeping habits- even i feel so exhausted getting her to sleep at night!

What an inspiring story! You are a great mom, and your daughter’s progress is stunning. Keep up the good work, have patience and you’ll soon see improvement in the mobility area as well. Best to you both.

You might talk to your pediatrician for advice on good sleep habits. There are also many different books about how to start such habits. The following book was recommended to me, but I didn’t find it that great. But it’s better than nothing, and you might like it a lot: http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0449004023/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Congrats on your success! I think the most important thing we can do as parents of children with special needs is to believe in them & their amazing capabilities.

My dd has Down syndrome & is doing very well also. It is so amazing to hear her read, count etc.

baba - I wonder if it is possible that your dd is overstimulated / overtired by the time she goes to bed & can’t settle herself to go to sleep. My dd has some sensory issues that we are working on & she will often sleep in a pattern like that. It is also difficult because when she wakes at 7am, she is not really ready to be up for the day, but can’t resettle herself (because of the sensory issues). She also seems to function well on very little sleep, but does so much better when we do get her to sleep longer.

There is a forum here on signing. You should also check out signingtime.com Their videos are great.

Thank you daddude, sonya and kmum for your well wishers.

Another reason that my baby is very active is could be the ayurvedic supplement that she is consuming daily - it actually keeps her very active! and more over i m only back home at 8pm at night- i start teaching her aorund 9pm till about 10.30PM… Then i allow her to watch her educational dvd while she 's on the bed-- so when she is tired she would just sleep off… The only problem is that she gets very excited seeing the dvd over and over- she has even memorised the entire sequence- she would tell what is the next item that is shown…and this can drag up to 12.30 sometimes till 1.30am. Last weekend i tried a new method. I allowed her to watch her dvd at 9 till 10pm, then i switched off the tv and read Dr Seuss Books - while i was reading that to her, within 20 minutes she slept off—! i am not sure whether she was bored or because there was too much info that finally made her feel tired… so that was good…so now i read book to get her to sleep…she slept by 10.30- which was good for me!

And also to all the parents with special kids-- i want to share my story with you. When i was on my second trimister- my dr told me that there was something wrong wth my baby and he wanted us to do the amniocentesis test- he even advised us to terminate if the baby was abnormal…i was really shattered when i heard this…i told my husband i would never allow anyone to terminate my baby- i told my family will carry one and will not abort my baby no matter what and that i will heal my baby by myself—i always believed in MIRACLES-. I am sure everyone of us here would have heard of some miracles. Lots of people come to us and ask us weird questions like why didn’t u terminate your baby ; some ask us didnt u do a test when u were pregnant to see your baby is normal–some ask me why do bring this kind of baby to the world? i just cannot understand this? why do people judge others or make such hurting allegation?

One thing that keeps me going despite all the things around me is GOD. i guess when we pray to him- he is there to guide us all the time. I, have a lot of faith in him- he appears in many form- i have experienced alot of miracles in my life because of GOD. My daughter has been blessed with perfect health despite her diagnosis and her pediatrics keep telling me - her features are changing and her development is good- in fact he was surprised that she could answer most of his questions. Few months ago, she was having some issues on her leg which was pointed outwards and the other day when we went to see the podiatrics- he was surprised he said the leg looks normal now after 4months! deep in my heart i knew it was because of god,the ayurvedic remedy that she was on and our believe that our child will be healed.

To parents with special kids, i want to share this with you- while i am at work – i would mentally pray for my daughter…this is the verse that i use "THANK YOU GOD FOR HAVING HEALED MY DAUGHTER AND MAKING HER WHOLE AND PERFECT! " and i also use the gratitude prayer for the areas that she needs healing-- if she has problem with walking , i kept saying "TQ UNIVERSE/ GOD FOR HAVING HEALED MY DAUGHTER’s LEG…u can say any problem that your child faces. keep saying thank you - by doing this u are actually activating the positive energy and vibration this in return will manifest what u ask for!

during my lunch time, I also visualise that my baby is healthy-- i would meditate that she is walking, talking and i would ask god, angels, saints to protect her all the times from dangers and heal her condition

i also use lots of positive affirmation- tq god for blesssing me with healthy, intelligent, spiritual, normal baby.i notice when i keep using positive affirmation in my mind- my daughter reflects this…i learned this from a healer who can be found in the website.

i am very lucky to have stumbled upon so many different saints- who taught me about life and karma. i am still learning on this issues…

i read mantra’s which helps to keep our mind on positive thoughts and which removes negative karma (if we constantky chant certain mantras. you should read your own verses from the bible, al-quran or other religious books. this all good to help us to be in focus.

i am currently learning from a spiritual yogi and how can one change cells and atoms in our body. He teaches how we create disease due to our negative emotions and how we can undo this…amazing—actaully deep in my heart im 100% confident that my child will be healed- we just have to keep believing and have faith in the almightl. there is alot of things in the universe that many of us have yet to realize.

Anyways i would like to thank all the wonderful parents who share materials which helps working mother like me to use it for my daughter at home. Thank you so much for your self-less service to mankind. may god bless you all!

hema

WOW baba, you are amazing!
My son was diagnosised autistic at 2.5 years and he is now 5 years old and beyond age level in alot of areas, besides speech and struggling to find the correct words from time to time. But I know that now he will live a fairly normal life because I refused to give in and believe he was doomed.
Congrats on helpping your letting one on her journey to being healed!!

hi

thank you…i just want my baby to have a good life like other kids. i believe that as parents we can make our childs dream come true if we believe nothing is impossible and miracles happens every day!

I believe that i can heal my child. I am really grateful and thankful to have known this forum. I am so touched with so many kind hearted parents in this forum who are sharing good materials, advises to parents, knowledge, love and blessings.praise the lord!

Congratulations to you too for helping your child to have a better future!

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR SON!

Thanks for sharing the stories. It really touch my heart. I felt myself exhausted taking care of my normal child but here I see all the great parents putting all their efforts, loves, times and everything they have for their kids and I found myself so tiny. Thanks again to all of you, I am really motivated to what you all had done and I know I can do more for my kids and love them unconditionally. Thanks again …

Agnes

This is very inspiring. Thank you Margaret for sharing.

Dear Hema (baba)

I just read your beautiful post about your positive affirmations. It brought tears to my eyes - wow! I am SO amazed at your love for your little one and the fact that you send her love all day - even though you can’t be with her all day. It gives me so much inspiration. I am also a full-time working mom, and I have terrible feelings of guilt leaving my little one at home. But I will continue to send my daughter love and say positive affirmations for her. Although she is not physically / mentally injured, I believe that the positive affirmations around her feeling loved is so important

thank you for your inspiration, and karma to you!

hi sara,

thank you for your kind words.

yes send love all day to her and i know that all the angels, saints, god, universe is protecting and showering her with lots of love.

Trust me when u constantly send positive affrimation, your daughter life changes miracluosly. Unconditional love is the way to remove all sufferings in the world…

god bless all the wonderful parents in the forum!

Hi moms and dads,

It’s been a while that I didnt opened brillbaby regularly cause of the very hectic daily routine. Thanks for all your support. It means so much for Chloe. sometimes i feel strange people look at her and say some discourage words. But here, i have a very big encouragement. and know that our child has her/his own potential included brain injured one…Thanks…
Btw, I now looking for some material which is the same level as grade 6-12, I have some good math material from monica yukaitis, you can search in google. and some from the jefferson county school. they have ppt files and easier for me to download for free…
Anyone has grade 6-12 material, it can be any subject, if so, can you help me to share the link. i’ll be so thankful, because i have difficulty to find any cause we’re here are lack of english material. and to buy some singapore school’s material is not that cheap…as I need to increase her reading level, cause the GD said so…Thanks for your help…

Regards,

Margaret
mother of Chloe Lee

Dear mom of Chloe,

I’ve just seen your posts. It’s off this topic, but can you tell us something about the Physical programme you’re doing with your daughter?
I’ve told people on Romanian forums about the Doman method for brain injured children, but when it comes to the physical programme and its results, I can’t give any examples beside what is seen on youtube.
And many people have heard of a lot of methods and treatments and even tried some that work or paid a lot of money for things that didn’t work. So they would like to know more before asking themselves if Doman method is worth trying or not. Also, buying books is not an options, as they barely have money for treatments, and people need hands-on information from those who tried it.
It would be wonderful if you could share more or if you’ve already done that, please let me know where to find it.

(Later edit:
I’ve just seen some of you were talking about ABR method. It sound new to me, and have to see if other parents know about it. Maybe somewhere some of you will share more results with these methods.)

Congratulations for the wonderful daughter! (I have a less severe brain injured child, and he’s amazing too.)

Andrea

PS: Best wishes and congrats to all those parents fighting and working and giving their best to their kids, either brain injured or healthy!

Hi andreasro,

First of all, it’s kind of difficult to say whether the child match to this prog or not, but for the intellectual prog 100% they say very good things, diet prog (to reduce the seizure and maintaining the health) is also good one too, my daughter is now free from seizure, and free from the seizure medication (Phenobarbitone and Depakene/Epilim). However physical prog is hard to tell, some of them I see there’s a lot of improvements, mostly is the mild and moderate one.

In my daughter’s case and others who think that the physical prog not helping much is the severe one, my daughter can’t still use her hand, so she can’t use it for crawl, creep, and so on, so she just depend on her leg to kick, For the one who can use the hand, I see a lot of progress, now I can understand why some of them can why some of then didn’t work at all, but its worth to try though.

If u want the cheaper one, there’s GD center which manage by one of the GD staff Dr. Wang Li in Beijing and Xiamen, China, we once went there, the tuition fee is cheaper than the U.S of course, it spends only 8000RMB, in U.S is crazy, the course fee and etc spend really lot of money. You can search on www.enyubaby.org, the thing that they use mandarin for conversation and mailing, unless you meet dr. Wang Li by yourself. She speaks english well, cause she lives in U.S, either than in China.

Well, ABR is a therapy to repair your body structure, but in this therapy I don’t understand quite well. U can search Leonid Bylum in google, he’s the founder, u can read the web as well, we’ ve been in ABR for 1,5 years, and there’s changing of her body structure after the treatment, but we are not going there anymore, cause the fee is also quite expensive, they have some satellites in some countries.

The last one I try is Masgutova method, but I haven’t got the picture what is like. Some of my Indonesian friends is going to this cause the masgutova is coming to Indonesia. Some of them said this therapy also good.

But going back to the child itself, you can’t hear what people talk but have to try by yourself whether it match to your child or not, because its very individually…

If you want a further info about GD’s Prog, I have some friends who are still going there for years, some are CP’s child and some are Autistic’s Child. If you want, I can give you their contact, they will be glad to help to give the infos…Good luck…

And thanks for the wishes…

Margaret
Mother of Chloe

Thank you Margaret, it was very helpful. :slight_smile:
No one but you, parents who have tried it, could give more info that that found in the books.
I’ve passed your message to other parents.

Many successes and moments of joy in everything your daughter does!

Andrea

Dear Chloe and Margaret,
congratulations both of you!

Injured children can learn much more, than peolpe usually think! It is not the same, but also a succes story:
I was reading a story of a hungarian family: they have two children, and the second girl has down syndrome. But both children were house-trained when they were 2-3 months!! old. They only use pants during the night.
Mom used a method that she was reading about an indian tribe, how they did do it, and it worked with the down syndrome baby as well.

Bea

Encouraging story, thank you.

My son has Down syndrome and I have been doing flash cards with him for years.
I was doing cards for a long time before he first started showing me that he was taking in what I was teaching, close to two years. So I would encourage those who are discouraged not to give up.

I have attached a two minute video of Josiah at age 3, I posted this once before but as it is relevant to this thread I will repost. It is entitled “Are you smarter than a 3 year old with Down syndrome?”