Success: my 5mo can read

Gratitude and Salutations first to the Almighty!

I m so glad to share with you all about how my little boy Arjun was able to read from card - words and encyclopedia and even quantity cards.

I shall upload video - i didnt take one - but this week I shall upload a video…

Yesterday evening I thought i should know if my little one really understands what he saw in flash cards and LR. I was teaching him for 10 days using flash card method left that method and then switched to LR and LM.

I flashed him 2 trees - coconut tree and mango tree and asked him which is coconut tree. He slowly took both hands and grabbed coconut tree card!!! PS. he is just 5 mo and still cannot grab or hold anything… but he slowly grabbed the right card!! then i showed teak tree and neem tree, and asked for teak tree. He grabbed the right card!!! then I showed him flowers - water hyacynth and jasmine - and asked for water hyacynth…he took the right card from my hand!!! similarly he did quite a few cards.

I asked him which is eye - i didnt show him any card - he slowly took his fingers and put it in my left eye! i was filled with happiness that my little one understood and i thanked Glenn Doman, and Brillkids immediately.

Then, I showed him 9 and 12 - dot cards, and asked which is 9. He took the 9 dot card from my hand!!!

Then I showed him words chocolates/carrot… asked him chocolates - he picked the right card. And then lotus, america, school, cherry etc. and he got it all right…

Then I wrote a few words from LR day 1 to 9- and showed him a few - clap, wave, point. And mixed them with other cards. He got it right all the time…note: he is used to only printed cards, and proper font as in LR… but when I hand written the words that too thin than print - with a marker - he is still able to make out…

I have asked my husband to take a video of little boy, so next week when he is in good mood, i will ask him a few more and then take the video and post it here.

Congrats on a job well done! Thats amazing

Excellent! Congratulations!!

congratulations !!!
Thats really amazing

Reading at 5mo. He is brilliant. Congratulations

mirra, well done…
when did u start with your baby?

waterdreamer, chris1, babysweet, dawnn, reei, thanks for your words.

KL, I shall upload the video soon.

reei, he started learning from flash cards from 4 months 10 days. then for past 12 days he is learning from LR and LM.

What great news! how many times did you show him the cards or LR a day?

hi chris,

I showed him 3 times of 3 set 5eachEk card a day, 2 set dot cards 3 times a day, and 4 sets of 5 wordeach set - word cards a day… and went meticulously the Doman method… that came upto many sessions a day…i couldnt continue this way, as I had a c section, slow recovery, then i need to work and take care of house too… so i quit in ten days as i knew it isnt feasible… and came to know about this LR and LM through my husband’s friend and then purchased it.

now he is seeing 2 sessions each day as per curriculum…sometimes just once a day.

Congratulations mirra!! Look forward to watching the video… :slight_smile:

Congrats!! you are doing a great job

I need a help my little one is 32 days old and i dint do much for her as of now.

She is glancing at me while i talk to her.She calms down on hearing music,Sometimes she cries like anything that no one can soothe her.So i doubt if she would look at laptop or cards if i start teaching her.

I have not prepared any printed flash cards but i am planning to use ppt files but after 3 months…

My doubt is …is it ok to use only laptop to teach her or is it too early to expect her to look at laptop and flash cards…

And will it work only with printed cards…

Please gimme your sugesstion… to stop her cry for no reason by late evening…also on flash cards

sh3rly, Thanks for ur good words.

Video is ready, it is 95mb. I have asked some one to reduce file size so i can submit to brillkids. Or upload in youtube. Today or tomorrow I shall upload…

Hi Sashimani,

Thanks for ur good words.

Low radiation monitors are ok to use for 3mo. She is sooo tiny, but still she is glancing at you while you talk!!! So cute!!

I sing songs to my little one - only then he sleeps. I m waiting for the little music so i can buy for him…

The method works - when the child sees a picture or word in less than a second / along with pronunciation, with repetition of upto 15 times…then info stores as knowledge. method works fine as ppt or flashing softwares, or cards :slight_smile:

thanks dear…

Mirra,

Congrats. It is absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work. It is an inspiration to the rest of us.

Lori

well done mommy, pray for you and your babies continued success

Congradulations. Keep up the good work! Very inspiring to the rest of us.

Hi heyblue41, kish, akalori, Thanks for your good words. Atlast I got the video file size reduced and uploaded in youtube also submitted to Brillkids:

** Please excuse my pronunciations or accent, my native language is not english :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2N-2R1xqRsU&hl=en&fs=1&

Congratulations, It’s amazing that 5 months old baby can read. Am currently trying to teach my 3 months old baby with flash card. He seems to enjoy it.

Great work Mirra. Arjun is amazing! :slight_smile: