Scholastic $1 sale

The scholastic $1 electronic book sale is on again. It is supposed to be a one day sale but it’s still going 2 days later… Anyway it is enormous. The content is the stuff lots of teachers use. Useful stuff for all!
Sift through and you will find reading level tests for up to grade 6, vocabulary development, math drills, games for phonics, alphabet and early number concepts, theme packs, science, geography…endless. Set a budget before you open it if you are a resource junky :slight_smile:

Could you add the direct link please? Thanks

hi,
i think the link you want is http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/
i found some nice books indeed - thank you for posting about it
hope it helps

http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/dollardeals?product_type=269

There is an incredible number of titles that homeschoolers would love! All are instantly downloadable as PDF files for $1. A great deal! Happy shopping!

Now if only the site would work :frowning:

Grrr… Missed the deal. I had 25 books picked out for a dollar. My cart got emptied and they are all regular or slightly discounted prices now.

Oh no I missed it too. :frowning:

Oh sorry ladies! I thought I did add the direct link! My cart emptied once too, that was annoying I had to reload. My purchases allow for multiple downloads, I can’t remember how many though. :wink: be sure you sign up for the site because they do this sale each year. It was less than a year ago the last time I shopped so it may be twice yearly. Bargain!

I got another email today :smiley: who’s going shopping? These are between $1 and $5 each
http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/summer-steals?product_type=269&view=all&eml=TXP/e/20120612////SummerSteals//shopnow/RET///&ym_MID=1420367&ym_rid=12581420

Thanks for the heads up! Got four great new resources! I kind of like the PDF format vs a regular book–only print out what you need, and you can download them up to 3 times.

Me me! I got some of those early readers I was wanting. :slight_smile: thanks!

would you share please with us what items you bought and found useful .
viv

I have bought some as well, thank you for letting us know. I have mostly bought circle time poetry series as I am looking for material I could use when teaching English to young children .

Oh gosh what I find useful may not be the same as you all. I shopped as a teacher. :smiley:
But i could make some suggestions :slight_smile:
Firstly the early readers. For $1 you can pick up 25 printable readers, great for coloring in and teaching those early sight words. The bilingual ones are wonderful for teaching Spanish too.
I love the PDFs with the make you own math manipulatives. There are so many! The file folder math games are great for early math concepts. Things like a crocodile mouth to represent greater and less than, or groups of objects that kids peg on the matching number too. The same sort of thing is in the shoebox math PDF. Many of these types of things can be adjusted for different levels. So are re usable.
The theme items on human body are excellent. The one with the art and craft activities in particular. It’s step by step instructions for hands on activites to explain how the body works. Paper Chains for DNA and skeletons to put together! Not sure they are in this round of discounts though…
Any of the items that have a stack of ideas on how to teach something ( eg kindy or abc or 500 ideas for…) will have many ideas you can use at home. Well worth the small price, you will get something out of them you had never thaught to try.
I have lots of files so if anyone wants something for a particular skill I can make a suggestion.

Danger Danger! its on again! all downloadable files are $1.00! lol
heres your link to homeschooling bliss :slight_smile: Valid for 1 week!
http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/dollardeals?limit=64&eml=TXP/e/20120820////DollarDeals//shopnow1/RET_SL1///&ym_MID=1432973&ym_rid=12581420

i got this today in my inbox . many of you know Erica from confession of a homeschooler and her amazing expedition earth curriculum , her preschool letter of the week curriculum , and many others she created and shared on her blog with the hoomeschool community … SHe with few others homeschoolers are offring a big bundle of many interesting ebook titles worht over 300 dollars for only 25 dollars . I copied and pasted all the details in to this post. enjoy :

http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2012/08/ihomeschool-omnibus-bundle.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ConfessionsOfAHomeschooler+(Confessions+of+a+Homeschooler)

It’s finally here! The iHomeschool eBook Omnibus! See below for all of the juicy details!

omnibus-laptop-500

Click here to get your bundle before time runs out!

… …
Omnibus: a book containing reprints of a number of works
French, from Latin, for all, dative plural of omnis, a combining form meaning “all,” used in the formation of compound. First known use: 1829

What is the Homeschool eBook Omnibus?

A digital stockpile of books to carry you through the school year with encouragement and practical how tos. There are 53 eBooks in the collection, valued at over $350. The authors want to bless you by offering the entire collection for only $25. That is less than 50-cents per eBook.
How long will this sale last, exactly?

The sale will begin at 12:01am ET on Tuesday, August 21st and end at midnight on Saturday, August 25th.
What eBooks will I receive?

Truth in the Tinsel : written by Amanda White from Impress Your Kids

Pursuit of Proverbs 31 : written by Amy Bayliss from Cajun Joie de Vivre

Road Trip USA Geography & History Curriculum : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Expedition Earth: A Journey Through God’s World : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Boyschooling: The Fine Art of Homeschooling Boys : written by Jamerrill Stewart from Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling

Notebooking Success : written by Jimmie Lanley from Notebooking Fairy

Essay Tune Up : written by Jimmie Lanley from Jimmie’s Collage

Designing Your Language Arts Curriculum : written by Jimmie Lanley from Jimmie’s Collage

Weekly Homeschool Planner : written by Jolanthe Erb from Homeschool Creations

Simply Homeschool: Having Less Clutter and More Joy in Your Homeschool : written by Karen DeBeus from Simply Living…for Him 

How to Have Your Cake and Eat It : written by Mandi Ehman from Life, Your Way 

Back to HomeSchool : written by Misty Krasawski from Encouraging Beautiful Motherhood

31 Days to a Better Spouse : written by Ashley Pichea from Ashley Pichea.com

What Your Child Needs to Know When : written by Robin Sampson from Heart of Wisdom 

Plan It, Don’t Panic : written by Stephanie Langford from Keeper of the Home 

Advanced Penny Pinching : written by Tabitha Philen from Meet Penny 

So, You Think You Wanna Homeschool? : written by Tiffany Manley from Sweet Phenomena

Mindset for Moms : written by Jamie Martin from Steady Mom

The Classic Housewife’s ABC’s of Eclectic Homeschool : written by Amber Oliver from Classic Housewife 

Homeschooling with Purpose : written by Amy Roberts from Raising Arrows

Organize Your Homeschool : written by Bethany LeBedz from Bethany LeBedz.com

Homeschool Your Preschooler on $1 a Day : written by Cheryl Moeller from Mom Laughs

Aunt Sarah’s Alaskan Cookbook with curriculm : written by Cheryl Moeller from Mom Laughs

NaturExplorer: A Fungus Among Us : written by Cindy West from Our Journey Westward

ABCs of Encouragement : written by Dawn Perkins from The Momma Knows

Classic Literature Unit Study Mega Pack : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

51 Frugal Father-Daughter Dates : written by Ashley Pichea from Ashley Pichea.com

Help for Heart of the Homeschool Mom : written by Jamerrill Stewart from Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling

Planner Perfect eBook : written by Jenny Penton from Planner Perfect

Circle Time: Plan the Best Part of Your Day : written by Kendra Fletcher from Preschoolers and Peace

Nurturing Creativity : written by Renee Tougas from FIMBY

Princess Training for the King’s Glory : written by Richelle McFarlin from Under the Golden Apple Tree

Cut Your Homeschool Day in Half : written by Tamara Chilver from Teaching With TLC

321 Stop: Stop Running and Start Living : written by Lorilee Lippincott from Loving Simple Living

Girl Power, God’s Way: Living Out Biblical Womanhood : written by Angela Parsley from Refresh My Soul Ministries

Managing Multiple Ages in the Homeschool : written by Christine Field

Preplan for Your Best Homeschool Year Ever : written by Bethany LeBedz from Bethany LeBedz.com

Blogger Behave : written by Laura Booz from 10 Million Miles

K4 Curriculum : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Letter of the Week : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Lexi’s Homeschool Diary (a novel) : written by Cheryl and MacKenzie Moeller from Mom Laughs

Baby Saves Christmas (a novel) with curriculum : written by Cheryl Moeller from Mom Laughs

Counting and Numbers Notebooking Pages : written by Melissa Telling from Lilliput Station

Geometry Notebooking Pages : written by Melissa Telling from Lilliput Station

Honoring the Rhythm of Rest : written by Daniele Evans from Domestic Serenity

Copywork for McGuffeys Eclectic Primer : written by Amy Maze from Living and Learning at Home

File Folder Games : written by Lauren Hill from Mama’s Learning Corner

Training Your Children in Home Economics : written by Angie Kauffman from Many Little Blessings

Bedtime Learning Book : written by Richelle McFarlin from Under the Golden Apple Tree

The Ugly Duckling : written by Richelle McFarlin from Under the Golden Apple Tree

Hands-On Learning: Cross-Curricular Projects to Make Learning Come Alive! : written by Kris Bales from Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers

Homeschool Road Map : written by Alyse Scicluna Lehrke from Write Foundations

Unplug Your Mind and Recharge Your Soul : written by Karen DeBeus from Simply Living…for Him

Why are you selling this collection so cheap?

The authors are all homeschool moms like you who have just bought a multitude of school supplies and curriculum for the new academic year. They know that money can be tight at this time of the year. That’s why each of the authors wants to give back to the homeschool community with this ridiculously discounted eBook Omnibus.
Is there any other information I need to know before purchasing?

Yes, the download links for the eBooks will be valid for only 2 weeks. You must be sure to download all files before September 8th. Please remember to back up your files as well. iHN and the authors cannot send you copies of eBooks that have been deleted. Each of the eBooks in the Omnibus is copyrighted by the original author. Your purchase does not entitle you to share the files or upload them anywhere online where others can access them.

Sold! Thankyou Bella!
Well I was looking at file folder games in scholastics $1:00 sale ( on now :yes: ) so thats my excuse for a book splurge. I would write more and review the books I just downloaded ( oh there are a LOT of files in this download it’ll take me ages to review them all!) but I am off to spend yet more money at scholastic! lol

This is great, thanks all.
It takes a while to look through the scholastic site but there are some great bargains there for $1!

Manda,

Did you, by any chance, get the Algebra Readiness ebooks and how do you like them? They have different levels from grades 1-8. Those are the only ones that I really want.

Anna,

What ebooks are you referring to exactly? I can’t seem to find them…

And on another algebra note: Do you know about Hands-on equations? I think it would be right up Ella’s alley as a great Algebra preparation game. I meant to mention it to you before.

http://www.borenson.com/