Scholastic $1 sale

These are the ones: http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/subject/math/algebra-and-algebra-readiness

But I just found out they’re out-of-stock. Oh well…

Yes, i have ordered Hands On Equations and it is on its way across the Pacific Ocean to me so it will be a couple more weeks before I get my hands on them. lol

Anna the website says there is hands on equatioon for ipad .
viv

Has anyone succesfully downloaded the Omnibus ebooks on an Ipad?
the files are zipped and they won’t download. i’ve read their FAQ but they’re no mention of reading them on an Ipad… :frowning:

Hypatia have you downloaded them strait onto your IPad? Not to a computer first? Oh dear. You need to get them unzipped, using something like winrar. I don’t know any way to do that on an iPad ( perhaps there is an app though…anyone?). Do you have a desktop/ laptop you can transfer them to? ( doesn’t have to be yours necessarily…) you can unzip them on the computer and then put them back onto the iPad ready to read as PDFs.
Slower alternative, I email them to you unzipped one by one…but considering the size of the files that’ll potentially take the rest of the year lol

Edit: apparently unzipping files on IPad is quite easy. Pop over to the app store and look for an unzipping app ( izip or good reader are 2 I just learnt about) you should be able to easily move the files into the app to get them to unzip so you can read them. amazing what you can do on an iPad!

Thank you so much for this quick reply!
I’m travelling so don’t have access to my laptop but I’m using a friend’s, and I’m downloading the first file :slight_smile:
I will put them onto a USB key to tranfer to my laptop
I need your advice on how to transfer the PDF files from the laptop to the Ipad now. lol

OK now bearing in mind that I am not a tech wizz…
this is how I do it, it is quite likely there is an easier way lol
First up I open Itunes (I am taking awild leep of faith that your friend has itunes? If not just email them to your ipad one by one…)
Gather all of you unzipped books in a folder (any folder on the desktop is fine)
Attempt to drop and drag this folder into itunes. This never works for me but seems to always work for my brother so its worth a try! If it doesnt work,
From itunes, up the top is a tab labeled File. Click it, scroll down and select add folder to library. It will open a search box, find your folder (rememebr its on the desktop :wink: ) click it :slight_smile: it will automatically import all you books into itunes. then you just need to sinc your ipad for books and PDFs only. If you friend has auto sync set up in her itunes you will need to turn them off before you connect yours or you might end up with all her apps, books, movies…
(Now I should mention here that I think your Ipad is only aloud to be connected to 3 different computers/versions of itunes…but I am not sure…)
Obviously add FILE to library will work if you want to do them as they are unzipped one by one. which is usually how I end up doing it, because they wont all fit on my overrused ipad lol
Potentially someone else will have another way? that doesnt involve itunes…oh I know! Drop box! do you have dropbox on your ipad? or on your friends computer? that would work well too. lol another lot of instructions?

I use Dropbox and izip. You can upload all the files into a Dropbox folder. Then install both the Dropbox and izip app onto your iPad. Once signed into the Dropbox app they automatically sync.

It’s on again.
Aangeles those algebra readiness books are all back at $1:00. Here is the link for you
http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/subject/math/algebra-and-algebra-readiness?product_type=678
Enjoy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads-up, Manda!

:slight_smile: