Photo eyeplay creation...

I am planning to make a few photo eye play files for my daughter with the songs/poems I am using to help her with languages and poetry rhyme. My question is:

Is there a function in LR that allows you to do that?

Or would I just create the graphics in Photoshop and combine it with an audio file that I am interested in using?

Are you aware of any specific guidlines for the colors/shapes that can be used for it? Or any simple shape/contrasting color would do?

Is it better to stick with the same shape/color for the whole duration of one song/poem, or changing shapes/colors sometime in the middle is also OK?

I was not able to find much about this method, but my daughter seem to like a few files that were posted and it helps her concentration… Do you have any links to the articles or more info about this ( apart from the Twiddle Wink website)?

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!

Martina (Pupisek) created a bunch of them for LR. I suggest you PM her and ask how she did it. I’m sure she would be happy to help.

thank you so much! will do just that

Dear Esther,

This is the way how I made “my” photoeyeplay files: I got inspired by Tweedlewink DVDs so I recorded their videos and saved them as different videos with different durations. Then I chose (cut) audio files I wanted to attach to these videos. I tried to attach video to audio with the same duration. Then I exported the categories and uploaded them to Brill Kids website.

You can definitely create your own videos, I would say that any simple shape/contrasting color would do just fine. You can make it in powerpoint and then record the slide show with any screen recorder. But I think that using “my” video files that you can download with photoeyeplay categories and save on your computer is more efficient and time saving procedure.

I have not found much information about photoeyeplay files except on Tweedlewink (RightBrainKids) website either. I just guess how to use it from that information so I cannot really give you any confirmed information about the “correct way” of using it. But I believe that if you write an email to RightBrainKids with the question, Wennie or Pamela would be glad to help you.

Martina

Hi martina Thanks for all those foto eyeplay creation i have dounloaded them all.Ihave noticed that since doing them every day .He has more eye contact.Karma to you .

Jake, I am really glad you enjoy them. Have you noticed I have also uploaded some files for strenghtening eye muscles of your baby which is good training for speed reading? You can find it here. http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=5365
Martina

Martina,

Thanks for the uploads. Can you please tell me how frequently should we use photoeyeplay …one after each session? how many does tweedle wink show in a day and when does it show in the lesson (that is at start or end of session)? Would be glad if you could help.

Questers.

Hi Martina thanks for those photo eye play .they realy made a change in his eye contact. Iam doing them in the morning and before he goes to sleep .they are amazing for his eye contact . To tell you the truth about this file when I doun loaded i had only black screen.Now i tried to do it again and ok . thanks . Maryanne

Martina,

First of all, thank you for the files. They are great! I have been showing them to my daughter randomly. Is there any suggestion about how to show them? SHould I should the same one for a x number of times? Or just randomly?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Everyone, Tweedlwink is normally shown once or twice a day. Photoeyeplay is the last exercise before affirmations, and just one poem is shown per session. So, your child would be seeing it once or twice a day. The same lesson is supposed to be played 3 times, so your child would be seeing the same photoeyeplay poem 3 times.

That being said, I don’t think it matters when you show it or how many times.

Martina

Thanks for the files too. My daughter loves them. I used them to create fun break between math and reading lessons. I usually only have time to show lessons on computer to her once a day so I show a series of lessons at once. Therefore photo eye play is a great way to keep her interested. Together with play videos like Peekapoo, the belly button…

For Follow the object, my baby loves the 60 seconds best. She also likes apples and cookies more than other symbols. How did you make them please? I 'm thinking of creating one with all her favourite things in it as she does not like the light bulb much. And I’m afraid that her interest may dwindle if I keep show her same things every day.

Thanks.

Hi Martina,

I can’t open the file (Could u email me the photo eye play and follow the object exercise).
Pls advise.

I believe youneed to use LR programm in order to open them. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
For those who do not have Little Reader or want more variation in PhotoEyePlay or Follow it exercises - I tried to create some extra ones in Powerpoint to see how difficult it is. Each presentation took me about 5 minutes to create. You can have as many photoeyeplays and follow it exercises with different colors, shapes and object - as many as you wish and only the sky is the limit. I attached both powerpoint presentation as examples for you. Please let me know if you need more information about the way how to create them in Powerpoint. But I guess most of you know. :slight_smile:
Martina

Martina,

Thank you so much for all the files, for LR and the pp. I love them! Now, I would like to create one with my mother-in-law singing in the background. Do you know how I can crate it with the photoplay file you did in pp, but in LR? or how I can add te song in the background of the pp while the slides are changing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am not able to open the powerpoint.
Any suggestion how to open the file?
Maybe because mine is a lower version.

Thanks.

You need to have power point 2007 in order to be able to open it.

I would like to know what 'affirmations" is in the Tweedlewink program…? I understand that the photoeyeplay comes right before that. Just would like to know what it is.

I don’t remember exactly what they say, but something like, you are special (child says I am special), you are loved (child says I am loved), you can do anything! (child exclaims, I can do anything!) Then you hug your child. My son seemed to really like that part!

Thanks a bunch for explaining! :smiley: