need chinese(mandarin) slides

Hi there,
I will like to make a kindly request to our members who speak chinese to make more slides with voice…that will be really helpful because we are not chinese speakers, my daughter is trying to learn chinese as a third language. Here are some ideas that we may need :
Shapes,members of the family(baby,cousin,uncle,grandmo…etc),transportation, zoo animals,farm animals,( I downloaded some animals but she already knows all of them…I will love some new ones) also some more food like fruits and vegetables, kids stuff like toys,ball,book,doll. Verbs like, dance,eat,read…with real pictures ,everyday stuff to practice with her.
And maybe some songs like twinkle twinkle,itsy bitsy,ba ba sheep…etc…
I will really appreciate any new slides,
Thanks a lot

Thank you for this PY :laugh:
Also couplets, like transportation sentences, couplets 1 & 2 would be great.
Can’t wait for the chinese curriculum :slight_smile:

I´m not a native speaker but i have a lot of material to create new little reader files in mandarin (at least for some words categories and perhaps couples)

However I´d like to find someone who speaks mandarin to revise and check that work, because there are a lot of words that you can say in different ways.

P.S. Hypatia as you know i want to translate my new files in french too. I would appreciate if you could help me to check if everything is correct before uploading them :slight_smile:

Thanks Saunier for trying to share those slides with us. Looking forward to download them when they get ready.

I hope to upload a couple of slides in chinese at the beginning of the next week. Thanks a lot for give me new ideas. Mainly I´ll try to focus my work on them from now :slight_smile:

Anyone else can help us on making more slides?? :yes:
thank you

Sorry for the delay. I´ve just uploaded one slide with the colours in simplified chinese. I´m finishing another with the parts of the body and i hope to release it this week.

Greetings :slight_smile:

With the songs do you mean only the lyrics or the music too? I have a couple of songs but i´m thinking about the better way to create a LR file with them.

Thanks saunier for your work!! I really appreaciate it. .It is fine just take your time I was just wondering if some other members can help us too.
About the songs…I think will be cool to add the music to the lyrics but I have no idea how can you do that, I’ve tried to do it myself but I couldn’t…thats is why I just did some songs in spanish only lyrics. BUT I think any both ways will be great!!
Thank you so much :wink:

Yes I hope more members can help too because is a lot of work, but i think that many people like us are interested in this language. Besides we don´t know if at last the official curriculum in chinese will be released with simplified characters or not, so in my opinion we are not losing the time making this files.

By the way i´ve just uploaded a new one with several musical instruments in mandarin with sounds (waiting to be aproved)

P.S. I´m still thinking the different (and easiest) ways to include songs with music in LR. Perhaps the better is create a multimedia file with lyrics edited as in a karaoke but i´m studying it. The only problem I see is how the children will know the correct meaning of the words :unsure:

I’m pretty sure the chinese curriculum will be in traditional characters.

Hi Hypatia. Perhaps traditional characters are better for teaching purposes, because they give more information about the origin of the words and may be helpful with some kind of mnemonic rules.

Anyway i´m not sure if i´ll finally use the new program because by now i have a lot of stuff (books, dvds and even a reading pen) for my baby only with simplified characters and I don´t want to confuse him with so much information in the same language about only one idea (traditional characters, chimplified characters and later pinyin)

If the new chinese curriculum is going to be based in the radicals (with for example different colours for each one) i don´t know if it will be possible that we can easily change traditional characters with simplified ones.

P.S. I would bet that it finally will be released by the end of the year

Greetings

I hope to release today a new file with a lot of shapes in chinese. Only need to fix some pics :slight_smile:

I apologize if I repeat some categories that some people have done before. I´ve created the colours slide because i needed it to make a future couple file (shapes + colours) with the same voices.

Now working in a transportation slide although i´ll need a little bit time cause i must finish other work before.

I have one problem with the “members of the family” project. I don´t know exactly how can explain it with photos avoiding confusion. One option would be using our own family photos. Another one adding group photos with “grandparents, parents and sons” and marking with a red circle around them, but i´m not sure if we can confuse our babies with other words: man, old man, woman, child…

I´d like to receive ideas from all of you. Thanks :slight_smile:

Finally i´ve been able to upload the shapes slideshow in chinese (waiting to be aproved)

Now i´ll take a little breath to start with the next one.

I hope more people want to help. As i said before, is a very hard work for me because i´m not a native speaker so i must get the voices and check every one of them very carefully testing with pinyin. Besides in mandarin a lot of ideas can be expressed with different characters.

Thanks

Well, apologies, I was wrong. KL mentioned on a recent post it would be simplified. lol

Today I´ve just read that post too. These are really very good news for us :yes:

Thank you saunier for your wondeful slides. I just printed new flashcards from the slides you made that I will learn alone with my toddler. It is very helpful to be able to increase our vocabulary in chinese. I wish other members can help us to create more slides in chinese.
Thank you very much
great job!
karma to you

Hi PY. I´m glad to see that the slides are helping you. This week I need free time to finish spanish translation for several categories, but i hope to continue with the chinese slides soon :slight_smile:

P.S. I wish more people finally decide joining to this project too

COOL!! looking forward for some new spanish slides as well, thanks a lot saunier for all your work!

Hi PY,

These are some of the Mandarin LR files I have made for my daughter: Farm Animals, Wild Animals, Parts of the Body, Transportation, Vegetables, Fruits, Tropical Fruits, Action Words, Nature, Personal Belongings, Things at Home, Food, Asian Food, Colors/Shapes/Numbers, Opposites, Birds, Reptiles, Sea Creatures, Insects, Flags/Countries, etc. I am currently working on Greetings, Common Phrases, Couplets, and Short Sentences. I would be glad to share them with everyone; however, the words are in traditional chinese characters (I am teaching my daughter traditional characters first). Also, in some of the files like Action Words, Body Parts, and Animals, I used a lot of the pictures and videos from the brillkids curriculum so I am not sure if I will be allowed to share these files. I think most of the people on this thread are interested in simplified characters. I’m not sure if my files will be helpful??