need chinese(mandarin) slides

Hi aangeles! Of course it will be very useful for us!!! It would be great if you can support with the work you have done :slight_smile:
I suppose that we can translate then to simplified characters with no problem. Have you put also the pinyin as a guide?

I´m doing the same work but with the spanish translation. If you are interested send me a PM because official curriculum modifications shouldn´t be published widely :slight_smile:

Hi saunier,

I’m afraid all my slides are in traditional characters with no pinyin. I grew up learning traditional and zhuyin in the Philippines. Even though I tried to learn pinyin as an adult, I still have trouble remembering it. I am teaching my baby to recognize the traditional characters as stand-alone characters so did not put pinyin on my slides.

There is an easy way to convert the characters and also get pinyin, though. You can copy and paste the traditional characters into Google Translate, click translate from Chinese trad to Chinese simplified, then click ‘show romanization’, and then you can just cut and paste the results with pinyin into LR.

Hi again aangeles

Really it doesn´t matter if the slides don’t include pinyin, because i only plan to flash my baby the characters. Pinyin only help me to pronounce more correctly while playing together.

Thanks for the advice. I´ll use google translate to get the pinyin from the characters :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend.

P.S. If you are interested in my spanish translation, let me know it by PM

Hi,
You can check out this website www.winktolearn.com for video demo of their product and purchase if you are keen. They show real picture and the words are very big. I bought a set of the DVD a year ago when my then 4y.o. cant even recognise a chinese word and not interested in the language at all. After showing it to my child, she could read many chinese words and converse very well now. She could read simple chinese storybook now. Most importantly, she have grown to love the language. My 3y.o. also started speaking mandarin to me now and she could name a lot of things in chinese. Thanks to Winktolearn DVD.

rachel

yup. i know about wink to learn. unfortunately, the dvds are in simplified chinese and i am teaching my daughter traditional characters. the company told me they are currently working on the traditional chinese version but don’t have a release date yet. my daughter is growing up fast so i decided to make my own chinese slides. the dvds would be an excellent option for people who are teaching simplified, though!

I used both winktolearn.com (fr singapore) for Chinese as well as the Baby Learns Chinese (fr HK). but i showed the winktolearn first bc the format with big words and pictures shown separately is more appropriate for babies/toddlers and it has the right brain training section. The Babylearnschinese from HK - i started with that only after I’d done with WTL. And I showed both the simplified & traditional versions.

The WTL animal series has both traditional/simplified options. You can use that for extra BITS.

Sorry, i don’t have any files, but i have books that made for my baby. All in simplified chinese though.

Hope that helps.

sam

Hi Sam

Are there any possibility to scan the books you have made for your baby? It would be great if you can share them with us.

Anyway thanks a lot for your comments. I have winktolearn and baby learns chinese DVDs too, although i haven´t started to show to my baby until he is at least six months old.
And I have thought the same as you: Using first winktolearn and later Baby Learns Chinese.

I would be able to put them in PDF format. Maybe it’s best if any of you are interested to PM me, and I will email to you.

The books basically look like these photos:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2554/3983635090_a0669ca98c.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2574/3983634746_1597dfce54.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2438/3983635978_77028bc47d.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/3983636834_d53feb6844.jpg

fYI.

sam

Hi Sam.

I´ve seen the pictures you have posted and I must say that those books look really superb!

I´m sending you a PM :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot

It will be really cool if you share those files with us maybe some other member can translate them to simplified chinese, of course if you don’t mind?Thanks a lot for your support.

A few days ago Aangeles told me she is going to send their files. When she sent them to me I have no problem to translate her work to simplified chinese. :slight_smile:

That will be great Saunier, Thanks a lot for the offer!! :slight_smile: