Makoto Shichida's Book - anyone?

Has anyone got a copy of Makoto Shichida’s book: “How to raise a superb child: How to develop an infant’s right and left brain hemispheres”? Can you sell it to me or direct me to someone who can sell me a copy? The book is listed on Amazon but there are no copies available for sale.

Alternatively, anyone read the book who would like to share what Shichida has to say about right brain education. I’ve been trying to get direct information about Shichida’s philosophies but so far have only got second hand information. I’d love to hear it from the horse’s mouth.

Hi shenli!
All of my shichida books are from the shichida institute in japan. There not as expensive as you would think. I have the shichida method and the science of intelligence and creativity. However, it is not a how to book like doman. They barely describe their ideas and don’t go any further. I called and emailed japan and begged them for clarification and instruction… No way! Since there is only one shichida school here in the states and that is taught in Japanese in NYC, the only way to get information was to… Are you ready? Start a school! That way they would let me come to japan and take the class. Can you believe it? So frustrating.
There are websites like shichida moms or shichida kids (something like that) that sell various books and materials. However, knowing what you know about right brain education coupled with all the fabulous moms on this forum, I think you would get a lot of good for both of these books… I know I have.
Good luck!
The doc :clown:

Thanks, doc. I’ll go check out the forums…

I do find that Shichida is very secretive about their info. It’s like a members only club - if you aren’t in it, you aren’t allowed to know. I wanted to buy Shichida educational products for home use (I sent my son to Heguru - the rival school here because the location of the center is more convenient and because I didn’t have to go on a waiting list) but they won’t sell to parents who do not have a child enrolled in their class. They don’t offer trial classes so you can’t see what the class is like - you have to commit to at least one term and attend a parent’s course, the fees of which are only refundable if your child completes a year with them.

well… i BEGGED them to take the parent class (yes i was willing to fly to japan to take the class), but i actually have to apply to start a school before they would let me! yikes!! isn’t that just frustrating? you seem to live in a great place for early childhood education, feel blessed about that! good luck and let us know what you find out.
i will say that the books i bought do give a good overview of his methods but you really have to figure out how to do it on your own, and with the help of others who have gone through the program. it would be very helpful if others out there who have gone through the program could post some of their parent materials for the rest of us to see… that would be great!

i would say if you have the time, why not try it for a term? is it expensive??
the doc

Hi Shen Li,

Are you living in Malaysia? I think you could find Shichida books in Popular bookstores, but the books are all in Chinese. I too tried to searched for English versions, but i was told that they stop printing them a long time ago. Have you made enquiries in the Shichida centers? Because in Japan, parents and child are allowed to attend 1 time trial session. 1 session is 50 minutes. Fees are expensive, it is about USD150 per month, and a 1 time enrollment fee( I cant remeber how much). you ll be given a monthly CD for songs and some programs played by the computer , Windows / Mac. Is it the same as in Malaysia?

Hi all, I have heard the Shichida does a lot of testing and repitition which goes directly against right brain education.Is this true?

all the books i bought were in english, and i think they were the only books of his printed in english. they are all up on the website. had i known that there were more books i would have asked. there a little out there… ESP, etc. but i understand the constant flashing to open up the right brain. i’m wondering how many bits they go through in a session b/c i don’t there there is any repetition. i could be wrong about that. anyone out there have any insight into this?
thanks
the doc :clown:

Doc - I checked out the Shichida website and they now have two newer books since the two you’ve read. There is some overlap in content but they sound like talk more about the “how to” bit. Here’s the google translation:

Right Brain Education in Infancy
Theory and Practice Theory and Practice

Explaining what the right brain education in infancy is all about through its theory and many diagrams and testimonials. (Revised in 2010, A5 size, 140 pages)

Introduction: Your Child’s Will Introduction: Your Child’s Will
-Three Conditions Necessary to Bring Out Their Abilities- -Three Conditions Necessary to Bring Out Their Abilities-
Chapter 1: An Infant’s Astonishing Right Brain Calculation Capability
Chapter 2: ESP: The Fundamental Ability of the Right Brain Chapter
Chapter 3: Functions Hidden Away in the Right Brain Chapter
Chapter 4: About Images
Chapter 5: Differences Between the Left and Right Brains
Chapter 6: The Importance of Left and Right Brain Synchronization
Chapter 7: Understanding Waves Chapter 7: Understanding Waves

Children Can Change Through Right Brain Education
Explaining how to draw out children’s strong will and potential through the Shichida Method. (Published in 2009, A5 size, 140 pages)

Introduction: Your Child’s Will Introduction: Your Child’s Will

-Three Conditions Necessary to Bring Out Their Abilities- -Three Conditions Necessary to Bring Out Their Abilities-
Chapter 1: A Relaxed Mind Will Change a Child’s Brain
-Remove Stress on Children-
Chapter 2: The Amazing Power of the Right Brain
Chapter 3: Raising an Intelligent Child Who Uses the Right Brain’s Five Senses
-The Wonder of the Right Brain’s Memory-
Chapter 4: Fully Drawing out Children’s Potential
-Nurturing Children’s Imaging Capability-
Chapter 5: The Correct Way to Use Images
-Demonstrating Their Wonderful Strength-
Chapter 6: The 21st Century Is the Era of the Right Brain
-The Era of Right Brain Education-
Chapter 7: Actual Examples of Right Brain Education
-Surviving a New Era-
Closing Chapter: The 21st Century Is the Time of Consciousness Revolution

Unfortunately, my kids are already enrolled into TW and Heguru so to enroll into Shichida would be an overkill (even if it weren’t for the waiting list and the terrible locations of their centers which was the reason why I didn’t go there in the first place). My understanding is that Heguru and Shichida were once part of the same team but split ways. Speaking to some mothers who have taken their kids to both, most say the classes are similar. Unfortunately, Heguru doesn’t have much in the way of materials or right brain books - hence my hunting around.

TW and Shichida/Heguru seem to have some disagreements about their philosophies on right brain education and since most of my information is second hand, I wanted to get it straight from the horse’s mouth.

Candiesnlollies - Yes, I live in Malaysia but I can’t read Chinese :frowning: I have made enquiries at the Shichida centers to buy their products but they said they only sell to parents with children enrolled in their courses and since my children aren’t… They don’t offer trial sessions here - it’s either the whole deal or nothing and it’s kind of expensive to do the whole deal (especially since I’m already committed to Heguru and TweedleWink). I have heard from mothers who send their kids to Shichida that you get home materials but I wasn’t sure what those home materials were specifically.

Sarah - I don’t know about testing or repetition. They have a lot of games to play which the children are required to participate in. If that is considered testing then yes I suppose they test a lot but my son enjoys playing the games so I can’t see how that is stressful (which is the main reason why TW don’t believe in testing - because it stresses a child and closes the right brain, not so much the testing itself). As for repetition, I don’t really know about Shichida but my son attends Heguru (which is supposed to be similar) and they don’t really repeat that much. You might see some of the same flashcards for a few lessons (which are held once a week) and then it changes. One mother I spoke to who attends Shichida with her child says that Shichida disagrees with repetition and advises against too much repetition.

Most of what I know is heresay and not much of it from the horse’s mouth. That’s the reason why I want the books. I want to know what Shichida himself said since he is the one who has had the longest history in right brain education (save Doman, of course, although Doman never really talked about the right brain directly even if his methods are right brain directed).

So, shenLi…
I’m curious about what you think of shichida since you read those books and can compare to TW and Heguru. You are so lucky to have all of those wonderful schools near you! Do either of them stress the whole ESP thing the way shichidal seems to? A little out there, I think but that might be the American in me :wacko:

Anyway, we all have such respect for you that we would love to hear your thoughts. For example, what are you getting in the TW classes thAt you miss in the videos? And how do they compare to heguru? Doman?

After these posts I reread my books again and I am a bit perplexed. Trying to find your way though all the different techniques is frustrating. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Any insight anyone could give who has experience with the classes listed above (not just books/videos) would really be helpful and appreciated!
Thanks!
The doc :clown:

Doc - I haven’t read all the books, yet. But I plan to. “Right Brain Kids in a Left Brain World” by Jeffrey Freed is out of stock so I’ve got the bookshop to order it in for me. I’m planning to order the two new Shichida books but will have to wait until they ship them to me. The only one I’ve got is the TweedleWink book by Pamela Hickein which I’m just starting to read now. Right now, the jury’s still out, but I’ll definitely come back to you on this one.

Yes, we are definitely very lucky to have such a great choice in right brain schools around us. It’s been quite recent though. This is what I know so far in answer to your questions:

Re: ESP

Heguru also does ESP but TW and Doman do not. Heguru philosophy is very much like Shichida because they were formerly part of the same team (the relationship was like teacher and student). Somewhere along the way they separated but the classes (or so I’m told) are fairly similar both in activities and philosophy. TW doesn’t seem to advocate ESP, but they do talk about objects and people giving off energy that children are particularly sensitive to. Is that the same or different to the philosophy of ESP I’m not really sure. But TW believe it is this energy that emanates from everything around us which is the reason why young children can learn in a 360 degree manner. It is also the reason why children are affected by negative emotions from adults. For instance, if the parent of the child doesn’t believe, or if the parent is stressing the child, the right brain learning process won’t work.

I’m not sure if I believe in the whole ESP thing either - I, too, am a bit of a skeptic. But I have read testimonials from one mother who said that since she started sending her son to Shichida, his ESP potential has really been developing. For instance, he knew his father was home even before he arrived (this was out of the usual routine - his father is normally home late but that day his father was home early and he sensed it), he knew the telephone was going to ring before it rang - things like that.

Re: TW classes

The TW classes offer a physical aspect to the lesson. For instance, after viewing flashcards of animals, they will take out little animal figures that have just been shown and the children get to see them and touch them. They also have a movement activity where the children get to bounce on those exercise balls, roll around, etc. This incorporates the Doman understanding that physical movement helps brain development and learning. The TW classes have a Montessori approach to it. They also cover everything by subject - it’s very ordered and structured. For instance, they start with the welcome song, then they go through the different subjects - math, science, art, culture, speed reading, music, etc. For the music segment, they use the tuning forks to let the children hear and feel the vibrations of each note. The classes basically try to engage the senses. The classes are more relaxed.

Re: Heguru classes (which I assume is the same or similar to Shichida but I cannot confirm since I have no experience with Shichida)

Heguru is typically Japanese in delivery. The pace is a lot faster than TW. They flash cards very rapidly and they play various games. ESP games invite the children to “guess” where a certain object is hidden, or they may show two or three cards of the same object in different colours, cover them up, shuffle them and ask the child which card is the one with a specific colour. They also do physical activities - movement to music and one other activity outside the room which varies from lesson to lesson. For instance, one day the children have to go through an obstacle course, another day they are practicing hanging up “clothes” on the line.

They do Mandala exercises where they view a coloured pattern and then have to remember where all the colours go (which they then colour in on their black and white outline), followed by an activity where they have to recreate the Mandala pattern. They also do other memory exercises - the teacher shows a grid with pictures for a period and then the child has to place the pictures in the right boxes from memory. The grid size depends on the age of the child. Young children only do a 2 x 2 grid.

They also do linking memory and Peg memory. Linking memory is random. Every lesson they show a series of cards and make up a random story to connect them. The Peg memory links a number to a specific picture. There is also speed reading (or rather speed listening) and image training (similar to the WINK exercises). Although WINK also has similar activities, TW philosophy is that these should not be done with a child under 4 because they are considered right brain activities for a left brain dominant person.

I feel there is a lot more covered in the Heguru classes but the pace is intense. I feel mentally drained after each class compared to TW. However, I’m still disinclined to rule out Heguru/Shichida based on how I feel because I know children can learn very fast and what seems mentally draining to me might actually be invigorating for them. I made the mistake of boring my older son to death when I first started flashcards with him. I assumed he learned the same way I did so I would proceed very slowly through the flashcards. After a while he didn’t want to do them any more. We’re now doing flashcards again and also I’m going a lot faster, I’m still too slow for him.

Since my older boy can talk, I’m getting a better sense of just how fast a child can really learn. I used to follow the Doman method quite rigidly but now I have to agree with TW that it is way too repetitive. Doman’s formula is 5 sets of 5 cards, 3 times a day for 5 days and then retiring one card from each set each day. I showed my older boy 5 sets of 10 cards, once a day for 5 days and then retire the entire set and still it is too repetitive. On the 4th day I was showing the same set, my son said, “Mummy, I know this.”

It is amazing how quickly they learn - it’s hard to get my head around it because I cannot believe anyone can learn that fast and yet he does and I know it is the same with other children. My reluctance to speed up is due to the belief that he couldn’t possibly have learned everything yet, but based on what he tells me, he already knows it.

I, too, find all the different techniques frustrating - which is why I want to read the other philosophies: Shichida, TW and even this third party book by Jeffrey Freed whom I’ve never heard of before. Perhaps he can offer an unbiased perspective? I guess it remains to be seen.

ShenLi:
Thanks for all the great info!!! It is appreciated! I’m wondering about the “Right Brain Children in a Left Brain World” by Jeffrey Freed. If you have access to Amazon, they have plenty of copies for cheap! But I’m wondering why you are interested in this book? It is for children with ADD. Did you know that?

I think one of the reasons RB education is not popular is b/c it is considered a therapy for children with autism, ADD, etc. (which i just discovered while doing a search on amazon for RB books… all about kids with ADD and how to teach them!) The literature mostly talks about children over 6. I don’t think he discusses babies and small children, but I’m not sure. It is interesting to read the reviews of the book. There was one discussed there called upsidown brilliance. Looked a bit more up our alley.

Anyway with regards to ESP, I think TW doesn’t do that b/c that is a bit tabou here in the states… not considered “christian”. I’m not sure why, but it freaks me out a little bit lol I just don’t think it is a skill she necessarily needs :nowink:

Since you take Heguru classes, do you feel that the learning is too fast and that it might bring ADD,etc. on like i have heard TW say? Do you think flashing so fast and doing everything so fast makes a difference? or do you think your children are learning just as much with TW? I would love to know.

I am intrigued with the memory game, but am waiting until she is a bit older (like 3-4) to start. Do you think I’m off the mark on this?

It would be great to hear how your children have developed between TW and Heguru. Which ones do they like better? Do you fee that your children are learning in class or competing with the other kids?

thanks (again) for your amazing report! I’m looking forward to following your children’s progress!
Take care,

ShenLi

I am VERY VERY VERY VERY jealous that you live in Malaysia and have the opportunity to send your children to BOTH TW AND HEGURU!!! Wow and kudos to you for sending them to both!

I can speak only for the physical TW lessons as I spent time in Malaysia and had the fortune of watching their classes. Maybe I even met you when I was there?

I really don’t know much about Heguru and Shichida, and I am really glad that you dispelled some of the heresay about shichida. I think it’s a case of people slating a method that either competes with their method, or that they don’t know enough about. So thanks for all the enlightening information.

As for ESP, I would LOVE to teach my darling daughter the wonderful ability to have ESP and most importantly, to be able to nurture her spiritual abilities. I am SURE that this is largely an untapped area of RB teaching and that these abilities come from the RB.

I know it’s really important as mothers to equip ourselves by reading and learning as much as possible. But I do believe that as a learned mom, you probably “feel” what is right for your little ones, and do not necessarily need to go with what is right for all.

I think there is some truth in all these methods, we just have to choose what’s right for us and what resonates with your little ones the most. I do, however feel, that Doman’s method was originally focussed on brain injured children, and so there is too much repitition - certainly for me. I started out with Doman when my daughter was born - at that time it was all I knew about and even then, it seemed to go against the whole concept of RB education. Surely, once you have shown the child the card once, it is in their subconscious, and you do not need to repeat it five times for them to know it? That’s the whole concept of RB education? Pamela Hickein says that the more different ideas of the same concept you show them, the more you build on the neural network. So one card of an apple, seems sufficient to me - then the apple itself, then the red card, then flashing various orchards etc to them - that’s building up their neural network. I have FULL confidence that if I show my daughtyer something once, that she remembers it.

The only down side is that the TW DVD’s are not coming fast enough, and I can’t make flashcards fast enough!

good to hear! i always forget to go the extra step and add the multisensory aspect to our lessons. i’ve got to get my hands on some montessori materials!!
as far as the ESP goes, how early would consider starting your daughter on that? about the same time as the memory games?
thanks again,

Can anyone tell me where I can get the English translations of Shichida’s books? I live in the U.S. and like DrPrimo said, the only Shichida center here is in NY and it’s conducted in Japanese! Thanks in advance for any info.

Doc - Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea the book by Jeffrey Freed was about children who have ADD. I was actually searching the computer at the bookstore for Shichida titles and looked up “right brain”. That was the only book they listed and I immediately assumed it was about early childhood development. Since they didn’t have any copies in the bookshop I never found out it was about ADD. Guess I should call the bookshop and tell them not to bring it in :blush:

My SIL used to study the brain and was a researcher for a bit. She was telling me about autistic individuals who were very brilliant because their right brain genius was not inhibited by the left brain. I guess I can see why other people might be put off the idea of right brain education if such connections are made.

I’m afraid I’m still pretty new to the whole right brain education scene. I heard about Shichida a long time ago from a friend who was sending her son there. She told me they did activities like flash cards and I remembered thinking, “Oh, I can do that.” But I didn’t know exactly what it was about. It was only after my older son turned two that I heard about Glenn Doman and what interested me was that the kids could read early. I’ve always struggled with reading when I was young and I didn’t want that to be a problem for my kids.

From Doman, I discovered Tweedlewink (the DVDs) and then Heguru and that led me full circle to Shichida and back again to TweedleWink (the classes). I started sending my older boy to Heguru in February this year. My younger boy started TW about a month back. In June, the older boy will start TW and the younger will start Heguru. So as far as comparisons go, I think we’re a bit too new to comment but I’m happy to feedback to the forum once they’ve been attending both classes side by side for a month or two.

As for flashing too fast, I’ve been told the same thing by TW. I actually spoke to Heguru about that and they said their philosophy is 3 cards per second. Speed is important to maintain the child’s attention. As for the negative impact on a child by showing the cards too fast, if speed is a concern, then anything on TV would be a concern, too because the speed of TV is even faster. Think of cartoons - they’re essentially rapid flashcards but so fast you can’t detect the flicker of the pages. Secondly, they added that TW’s philosophy is to follow the pace of the child’s heart beat, but every child is different. The average child heart beat is 120 (depending on how old). Younger children have a more rapid heart beat. Some can be as high as 180 bpm. The third part, which I concluded myself was that Heguru/Shichida have been around for many years (much longer than TW). If high speed flashcards have a negative impact, shouldn’t we have observed those problems in the children by now?

Honestly, I have no idea what they’re learning when you flash so quickly because I can’t learn anything. Then again, the first time I saw the TW DVDs, I thought they were too fast, too! I couldn’t remember anything I’d seen. The philosophy of Shichida/Heguru that I understood was that the purpose is to exercise the right brain to make it stronger - just like how exercise builds up our muscles. Now I’m not sure if I got that bit right since everything I know about Shichida and Heguru are all through word of mouth (hence the reason why I’m desperate for Shichida’s books). I’m also making the assumption that Shichida and Heguru are essentially the same since they both originated from the same source. I was given the impression that Shichida (as in Makoto) was the researcher, and Heguru was the teacher. From another source, I was told the relationship was more like teacher and student (I’m assuming Shichida was the teacher and Heguru the student).

So if exercising the right brain is what we’re trying to achieve then yes, I suppose flashing quickly is important. As for learning, well, we all know children can learn very quickly and instantaneously so why not? That said, I still think TW teaches them a lot, too. It’s different material and a different style of presentation. Right now I tend not to think of which is better but that it may be which is better for which child. Every child is a unique individual, I’m guessing some may find the TW more to their style and others may prefer Heguru. I’m planning to let the kids choose. My older boy is pretty articulate so he should be able to decide for himself. As for the younger, I guess I’ll just see which he appears to be responding better to.

I guess I’m going to have to get back to you later when I’ve read the books and the kids have had a chance to attend both classes side by side.

A lot of the memory games that they do in Heguru seem to be repeated in Wink. How old should you start? I guess this is one of the conflicting points between Heguru/Shichida and TW. My older son has already started and he loves them. I’m hoping that the books by Shichida will provide more insight on this.

Sarah - when were you in Malaysia? I’m afraid we only just started TW and I’m very new to right brain education. I don’t know a lot so I’ve been investing a lot of time trying to find out as much as I can. I wish we had met when you were here. I love meeting other like-minded parents and discussing the things we can do to help develop our children to their full potential.

Yes, I agree. You can only read so much before you have to make a decision based on your gut feel. I just want to make sure I know the facts from the horse’s mouth and not the hearsay from people who aren’t really sure about what they’re talking about. I, too, have heard many conflicting stories so I don’t want to make decisions based on incorrect beliefs. At the end of the day, I’m happy to send my children to whichever school makes them happy. After all, the fundamental principle of right brain that no one seems to contest is that the child must feel good about themselves and be happy to be there otherwise the learning can’t happen.

I started out with Doman, too, and having had exposure to right brain education and just the experience of teaching my children, I totally agree that there is too much repetition in Doman’s method. I used to question whether a child could learn something just by seeing it once, but my older boy has taught me that he is learning much faster than I had ever thought possible. I guess it’s my left brain at work :tongue: The journey of right brain education has been a learning experience not just for my son but for me too. I’m learning so much through my sons.

Yes, it’s hard to keep up with them. It’s so time consuming to make the cards and they go through them in the blink of an eye!

Aangeles - you have to buy the English translations from Shichida in Japan. Here’s the website:

http://www.shichida.co.jp/english/c1-3_books.php

I’ve already ordered mine. Should get them end of next week if all goes well.

Doc, ShenLi - which are the good books then to purchase for Shichida?

Any good montessori books or others you can recommend?

Shenli, I was there a couple of weeks ago - end of April. I was the blonde girl hanging around the school :slight_smile: but I was only at the Head Office branch. Which one do you go to?

Oh, we could have seen each other then! The head office being the one in Neo Damansara, right? That’s the one I take my son to. Do you travel to Malaysia often?

If I remember correctly, doc says she’s read “Science of Intelligence and Creativity” and “The Shichida Method”. She mentioned that they didn’t really talk about the “how to”. At the time they were the only ones available. I’m sure the doc can tell you more about them.

Since then, there have been two newer publications - “Right Brain Education in Infancy” and “Children can Change Through Right Brain Education” - they were published in 2009 and 2010, so fairly new stuff. Sounds like these newer books talk about theory and practice so they may provide more information on the “how to”. I looked over the contents and noticed that there were some overlaps. I wrote to Shichida and asked them about it and they said there is some overlap but each book also covers topics that the other does not. Ideally you should read both but if you only want to purchase one, they recommend getting “Right Brain Education in Infancy” which they felt provided a better introduction.

As for Montessori books, I’ve got “How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way” by Tim Seldin and “Teaching Montessori in the Home: Pre-School Years” by Elizabeth Hainstock. Seldin’s book is great with examples of setting up your home and also includes montessori activities - it’s more of an overview. Elizabeth’s book provides more Montessori activities and details of how to make them yourself, including recommended age for the activity. I tried to do the Montessori thing, but I’m a bit lazy with the creation of materials (I’m afraid I’d rather buy them). I did arrange the cupboards as much as possible in the Montessori way as much as was physically possible given our space constraints. That was probably about as far as I went.

Doc - I’ve been looking at Amazon after what you told me about Jeffrey Freed’s book. I found a couple of other titles that might also be relevant to us:

Teaching for the Two-Sided Mind: A guide to right-brain, left-brain education.
http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Two-Sided-Mind-Touchstone-Book/dp/0671622390/ref=pd_sim_b_5

Looks more like it’s for the older children who’ve missed out on early right brain development.

and

The Right Mind: Making Sense of the Hemispheres
http://www.amazon.com/Right-Mind-Making-Sense-Hemispheres/dp/0151003246/ref=pd_sim_b_5

The one is by Robert Orstein - the guy who did that landmark study that revealed that the right and left brain were opposites and kicked started the whole right-brain education movement that spurred Tony Buzzan, Edward de Bono, etc. to come up with their own systems. I’m sure it will be a very interesting read.

i’ll get the right brain mind for sure! great summer reading :rolleyes:

Its a true pleasure to have everyone here sharing all your opinions on Shichida , TW and Heguru.
Anyway, my son 15mths attend Shichida class since he was 6mths, in Centrepoint, Msia.
I m of course very shy to say that i did not do a thorough survey on Shichida before enrolling my son .What makes me choose Shichida , is i believe in Japanese courses, as the outcome of the syllabus is amazing. When i was young, i was in the Yamaha JMC courses, after a couple of years being in these course, i can play by ear, and have perfect pitch. I believe its all from the course that had taught me how to apply what i had learnt.
I m not too good in explaining it further.
Getting back to Shichida, i do enjoy the class together with my son. Love the songs , the games and i hope that what i had been investing for the fees worth every cents in time to come.
After reading thru everyones opinion about the right brain learning, i ve gotten more motivation to pick up these recommended books as mentioned here to read. Please advise, which book should i start of with and where can i get them?Mind sharing the fees you pay for TW and heguru? Is my first time knowing that there are such new syllabus apart from Shichida.I might have got the wrong choice to join Shichida, therefore now i m hoping to learn more n to compare between these TW, Shichida and Heguru.
THanks for sharing.