Gentle Revolution and Glenn Doman's method

Thanx all who summarise, but just wan to clarify, am i supposed to show set 1 & set 2 at the same sessions or separately of at least 30mins interval? As in should there be 3 sessions of set 1 & set 2 or 6 sessions or set 1, set 2, set 1, set 2, set 1, set 2?

“First Step - Quantity Recognition
Teaching your child to to perceive actual numbers, which are true value of numerals - 5 dot cards 1-100. 2 sets of 5 cards each, three times a day each set.”

OR

"The first day:Begin with dot cards 1-5 and show it to your child three times first day
The second day: Add dot cards 6-10 and show both categories of 5 cards three times a day = 6 daily sessions”
Am i supposed to retire the cards after 1 day or after 6 days?

“Continue to show two sets of five cards, each set three times a day, total of six math sessions spread out during the day, equaling a few minutes in all.
After second day alway mix the sets up. Constant mixing and reshuffling will keep the sessions new and exciting.
On the sixth day and later add 2 new cards daily and put away 2 old cards daily. This is how you retire cards: Every day remove the two lowest numbers from the ten cards you have been teaching for five days.
You may feel that the baby needs new material more quickly, then you should retire three cards daily and add theree new once. Or even four.”

You can organize the sessions the best way it suits you. This program it is flexible based on your child. Most of the time I do set 1 and 2 together three times a day. It is so quick that I don’t think it matters you show them together because your baby doesn’t have time to get bored. What is important is to TRY to show each set 3 times in a day.

You are supposed to retire the cards on the 6th day. Since sometimes for different circumstances we don’t go through the sets the 3 times in a day, I just retire cards after they have been seen 25 times total.

Hope I was clear enough :smiley:

Can anyone tell me what the 10 DIVISIONS are that Doman Recommends all of our categories fall under when making cards?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Cassandra

Hi tigerpuff,

Are you talking about for EK? if so they are - History, Music, Visual Arts, Literature, Mathematics, Life Sciences, Human Anatomy, Geography, Language, General Science.

Hope that helps :blush: