50 Scholastic books for $50

Attention homeschoolers! Now thru 10/1, Scholastic is offering a set of 50 books for grades K-2nd or grades 5-6 for just $50 with code: SDE. Regular retail is $250-$350! Shipping is $4.50 and items must be shipped to school unless you select homeschool as your option.

k-2nd http://shop.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=71208
5-6 grade http://shop.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=71210

Thank you soo much for such a great info.
If someone will be ordering would you share the info exactly which books you’ve got.
There is no list of the books you’re getting on the website.
Thanks in advance!

mine should be here in 4-7 days, just ordered. And with $4.50 shipping, you can;t beat that! I’ll report book titles when they arrive. I ordered the K-2 set.

Thank you for sharing such a great deal!

I’m thinking that it varies. They are probably putting bits and pieces together from closeouts and low inventory. I could be wrong though. No matter what comes, I know there will be some good books that we will like. And at a dollar a piece you could donate any titles that you don’t like.

That is really sweet deal. Thank you I am going to login to take a look.

Thank you!! Just ordered the K-2 level! If anyone recieves the 5-6 books, I’d be interested in the titles.

I called to inquire about the titles, she said aside from a few minor substitutions, all orders should have the same 50 books roughly. I wanted to write down a list but she read it so fast I could and she had no way to email it to me. She also said that about 1/3 to 1/2 of them were non-fiction like bugs, bugs, bugs.

They were helpful in that respect, but super pushy trying to sell me 3 other things and just not really wanting to let me off the phone.

thanks for calling! Did you hear the 5-6 list, or was that the K-2 list? If you heard the 5-6 list, were you talked into buying it?

My purpose of calling was to get the list and post it here but she talked WAY to fast. I had her stop at like 15 titles rather than sit and listen. I didn’t hear any of thegrade 5-6 but she tried to sell me a calendar and song kit for $20, more books, and to sign up on their mailing list. I was going to sign up on the mailing list but I didn’t specify that we home school. She started asking what grade I taught (Kindergarten, because my daughter is doing K level work!) and then she asked the name of my school OurNeighborhood Academy. She couldn’t find it on her list…surprise surprise LOL…I just decided to get off the phone rather than explain myself LOL.

Okay, I just called the company and the girl was reading me the titles as I wrote them down. It was taking awhile so she is emailing me a list of the books that come in the bundle. I will post it just as soon as I get it. The books mentioned so far are not books I am familiar with but it is definitely a great resource for independent reading.

50 books for $50 may or may not be a great deal. It depends on the books. We just bought several books in the $1 area at our local Target. I suppose it wasn’t a total waste of money, but I think we got about what we paid for. But with Scholastic, perhaps it will be different!

They have this deal every so often…it may even be every September. I bought it once for my Kgtn class and I seem to remember that I threw out one or two (witches/goblins/fear creating storylines) and about half of the remaining pile was excellent, the other was okay. As I type, I’m remembering that I bought the package for my Grade Two class, too. I used them as Christmas gifts that year. Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I have no idea what the titles were. The list from Krista will be helpful. Thanks for persevering with their customer service!

As of now still no email from the company. That is very disappointing. I will call again tomorrow.

I was going to order but it’s only for US educators/homeschooler

Thanks a lot Krsita G. It would be good to know what books we will be receiving. Hope you get the email soon.

Hi nhockaday,

I was checking the webpage and I can see in the information that the 50-Book Collections Grades K-2 package costs $72.00. Do you know if I missed the promotion and it is already finish? or Do I have something wrong?

I would like to check it and order it if I am still on time :biggrin:

Thanks in advance,
Gilma

Uppps…Yes…I missed something…I didn’t fill in the promotional code SDE.
Do you think that it could be a problem if I order it and ask to ship to Belgium?
It could be strange for them and maybe they will block the code and I really do NOT want to block the code for the other members. So, I will wait until your replies to see if I can proceed with my order :wub:

Cheers,
Gilma

I have no idea where they ship to. I would look on their site and email or call them if you can’t find any info.

Hi…

It seems that it is only for US homeschoolers :frowning: . You are so lucky!!!

Thanks again for share the info. Karma to you
Gilma

I’m from Canada and they have had these sales for Canadians, too. If you are seriously interested in the set, I’d suggest frequenting their site. It will come up again eventually.