Zippy and Me and Play Along - DVD series

I have already mentioned these great DVD series previously but I thought it was really worth opening a new thread so new members can easily find it. It is another great tip for videos teaching babies and little kids English. It is really very interactive and great. I really recommend it for teaching English as a second language.

I have already uploaded some videos as a Little Reader categories for your baby to watch and play in between Little Reader learning reading sessions to keep your baby’s attention. Here they are:
Basic Word Game: http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=5114
Kids Action Game: http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=5113
What sound is that? http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=4857
Peekaboo: http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=4862
Listen - What is that?: http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=4857
The Bellybutton song: http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=4857

I wonder - do you find them usefull? Do you want me to upload more? Please let me know.
Martina

There’s been a lot in the news about babies and children watching TV, movies, and videos. You’ve probably noticed that there’s a new wave of movies and videos geared specifically to babies. Keep in mind that there’s a big difference between actively engaging your child in a learning experience and simply exposing them to it. There are a lot of great video programs on the market for babies and children. Some of these baby and children movies and videos encourage learning through “passive exposure,” where children simply sit passively and watch images set to classical music. Experts agree that without tactile stimulation or adult’s physical involvement, there’s less sensory input and the risk of slower development.
Unlike other DVDs, video, or television programs, Zippy and me! helps you create a complete, fully integrated age-appropriate learning environment that stimulates your child’s cognitive, motor, social, and language development. Zippy and me! DVD interactive learning program is an active learning system that, through interactive, one-on-one playtime, strengthens your bond and stimulates development of your baby’s cognitive, motor, social, and language skills.
Simply put, more sensory stimulation leads to faster development because more neural “connections” are made in your baby’s rapidly growing brain. Zippy and me! Interactive Development Program promotes fun and learning for you and your kid.

Here are previews of some of the interactive songs and games from Zippy and me DVD series that I have already uploaded (or the ones I have not uploaded yet):

!!! Unfortunately, the videos has been deleted from You tube because of authorization rights so they are not available there anymore. Sorry!! :frowning:

pupisek,

tq so much for ur uploading. my qarissa love it so much! the peek a boo, belly button, & Listen!What is that? is a MUST for her to watch it every day! she keep on smiling & laugh when she saw me open the file for her. I even record a phrase so that she know its her favourite file. I wrote & record the phrase,“Qarissa, Peek A Boo Time…” before the video & she know it already.

everytime she saw the baby pull the small pail (i guess…hahah) she will keep on nodding her head & smile at the baby (cozz the baby smile at her! hehheh)

pls upload more file dear!! karma to u!!

there is 1 file - Daily phrase that u uploaded, its also very useful but its too long. my baby love it but half way, she start to look at other places. maybe u need to separate the words @ video into 2 section, coz other than video, there is also words & sentences right? its quite long. Another thing, i found out that in the video, the words written in the video is not the same as the word pops up & recorded. (This is Hello!) The word pop up & record is “This is Hi!” but the words in the video is “This is Hello…”

Thanks again for ur effort :yes: . i really appreciate it…

pupisek, i think the files is under Basic Word Game.

BTW, What is the name of the DVD that u posted here? I really love it. If there is such DVD available in Malaysia, i would love to buy it. The English word is so clear & sharp. The activities also very fun & entertaining.

I would loveto know the name of the DVD & if u dont mind, kindly attach the sample picture of the DVD cover here so that i can see more clearly.

Thanks again dear!!

wow,this is really great!This is the first time I know about Zippy and Me and Play Along. First of all,karma 2u!The word is so clear,same goes to the quality of video.I love what they had done, the way they approached to speak out the word;
bouncing-ba ba ba ba
walking-wa wa wa
jumping-ja ja ja
:laugh:
this is good!its easy for baby to understand and to vocal the word.I must apply this method while teaching my baby. :biggrin:
Pupisek,I had gone thru your uploaded video at You Tube,its seem like you have 20 videos of Zippy and Me.Thanks for sharing.

I did not remember if I had seen this video in kids store in Malaysia,but what I always do is, (I can’t wait to find the good things for my baby :slight_smile: ) any video that’s good and can be use for creative learning for my baby, I will convert it to home theater format, so that I can play it at TV.(of course for internal/private use only.hehe)

So, what can I do here is,I will convert the Zippy video at you tube and attached here; so geniusqarrisa or anyone insist for the video to play it at TV can have it. (Lappy,can I do that? :unsure: )If it can,later I will uploaded it here.(as attachment).

Martina,u really done so much of great share,I found so much of your uploaded file here.thanks again. :slight_smile:

Dear qisdhi mom,

I am so glad you and your daughter like it. My doughter loves it too (and me as well lol ). We watch and play and exercise with these videos pretty often. It is even a great resource for her learning English as a second language…

The names of the video series are:
World Family - Play Along 1, 2, 3
World Family - Zippy and Me 1, 2, 3

Unfortunately I can not find it on the internet anymore. Some time ago I found an article that they are going out of business but I can not find the article again either. :frowning:

I think that my oldest would like these videos! Thank you for sharing them! :slight_smile:

Dear qisdhi mom,

i would be glad thankful if u can convert it & paste it here so that i can burn in my CD …warghh…so good …ehehehe… thanks in advance yeah dear! :yes:

Hi watie,

sorry dear that I can’t attached the video format here.The file size is toooooo big,it’s over 50mb and above :frowning: , what can I do is,I just burn this one for you,so just give me your address so that I can post it to u.how’s that? :yes:

qusdhi mum,

wow, that great!! i PM u now …:slight_smile:

Dear qisdhi mom,

i PM u dy …kindly check yeah …thanks again dear …

These videos are so great! My son loves them so I dowloaded some to Little Reader using the links. The words come up and there is sound, but the video doesn’t play. The screen is just black. Sometimes it just shows one still image. Do I have something wrong with my settings? or is there something else I need to download to the computer?

Thanks again for the great videos. I would love to get them working on Little Reader. It is really good idea to show them in between sessions. My son only saw the kid’s action game once and now he will laugh every time you ask him to laugh! :biggrin:

thanks alot my 23 months old son and his 3year old cousin love the videos.

momqarissa, i pun nak nak.cd tu…(tebal sket muka)

Hi, where can I get those videos from? Do you have any link to a place where I could download them? I really need them! Thanks in advance!

Just click on the You Tube sign on the video and it will send you to the you tube source where I upladed them. You can download them with some Download manager and burn them for your child to play on DVD.
Here is a link to the post where I decribed this process in more details some time ago:
http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-other-topics/advice-for-you-how-to-download-videos-from-you-tube-(and-burn-them-on-dvd)/new/#new

Unfortunately the videos are no longer available on You¨Tube because of authorization rights. Sorry. :frowning:

Hi all

My baby loves what’s on LR for Zippy and Me, thanks a lot.

However I would like to be able to play them on tv. anyone having these dvds for re-sale please? Since I can not seem to find any store still selling them?

many thank.