YouTube: Lily Reading at 24 Months Old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wog816WNrgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFCPUmWWRxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtL4eWqH3Zc

I wish I would have started documenting my daughter’s journey on video much sooner when she first started signing at 9 months and then began recognizing sight words at around 13 or 14 months, but here it is now.

Oh, and don’t you just love the Trebellina t-shirt? It was one of her birthday gifts and I can barely peel the thing off of her! lol

She’s adorable!!! Great job, Lily! :smiley:

This is amazing-Good Job to Lily

Lily and Mommy!
Great job!

That’s amazing, and she is so cute!

Good job to both of you! You are doing lots of fun activities with her! She is adorable. She was speaking soo cutely. My daughter loved watching them!
Thanks for posting.

Congratulations Lily…She is adorable!!! :yes:

She’s great and well done. Good Job .

Congratulations! It helped me to belive that my son also can learn :slight_smile: Thank you!

Thank you all for the positive feedback! Over the next month or two, I will be attempting to capture other lessons I do with my children such as math and introductory phonics with my 12 month old son Owen. I will be sure to post them here.

Blessings.

Lily is such a cutie! Awesome job momma! :slight_smile:

Wow, I hope that when the time comes I can have a success similar to yours. Lilly is amazingly adorable, lol. Shes a real cutey and you can tell she enjoys the time you guys are having on those videos.

PS. I also love your blog.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Mom2Bee, I have sincerely neglected my blog for a bit, please excuse my absence. A while back I posted here on the forums about starting a business hosting early learning workshops and I am happy to say it’s happening NOW! So, I have been swamped getting the ball rolling with that and working on article for a local women’s magazine (reaching 20,000 readers) about early literacy to promote my business in a round about way. Just found out yesterday it will print Dec 27th. They have a website that is not as heavily trafficked as the magazine, but I will post the link because it will appear in online as well as in print.

Anyway, there is a good chance that my current blog is going to be rolled into my seminar/retail website and the current address/website will be disappearing altogether as they are combined. It will change along with my current identity (screen name) on the forums. This will be my second name change within 6 months I think, apparently I just can’t decide who I want to be lol

This video is so cute. My son is 5 1/2 months now, I hope he does as well with learning to read.

Very cute! You guys look like you have a lot of fun together.

What program are you using there when she was sounding out the words?

Thanks. She goes to the drawer and pulls out the kit all the time, she really does love it! It’s Hooked on Phonics. We love their updated version with DVD’s and such. Depending on how old your daughter is, skip the pre-K set entirely, it’s a waste of time and money but the rest are great. There are just better programs out there to teach letter sounds. See the other post in the product reviews forum, and use HOP40 if you decide to buy for 40% off. Worked when I used it.

After the 2nd grade kit they have a program called “Master Reader” we might give a try depending on where we are at that point.

So, that was hooked on phonics? My DD1 already knows her letter sounds (from sandpaper letters), and can build a few words. She is largely disinterested in it right now, unfortunately. Thanks for all the insider info on the program! I noticed our library had a set, but I don’t know what’s in it. It wouldn’t be the worksheets probably.

I really liked those worksheets Lily was working on. I actually did read the review thread and had a different thought process completely as to the stickers. I thought they were a huge gimmicky reward. But I really liked how it’s laid out, or how you are doing it at least.

I had no idea there was so much early learning stuff out there!

If you are just interested in the workbooks, they sell a version of them separately, the Super Workbooks. They’re so cheap (even more so if the coupon code is still good) that it might be worth a shot, even if you just use them as modified coloring books like we do.

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/kindergarten-workbooks?C1=2&C1=18

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing those wonderful videos! :slight_smile: