Your Baby Can Read - French

Any one has experience using Your Baby can Read (French)? I have a 26 month old that has been reading relatively well in English and I would like to start him in French. Nobody in our family speaks French so this will be his first exposure to French so to speak. I am hoping to use some fun dvds to “break-in” a new language. So far I have shown him Little Pim French dvds but are not very successful. He would just say, “let’s watch something else!” (anything in English - Your Child can Discover, Your Child can Read, sparkabilities etc"). In my opinion, I find Little Pim - French a bit slow-paced. So I am thinking about trying Your Baby can Read - French but I can’t find any sample clips anywhere. I am hoping it is as fast pace as Your Child can Discover / Your Child can Read (which I found both excellent - so much better than Your Baby can Read). Any experience? Or any suggestion in how to breaking in a new language?

I am dying to wait for LR-French to get out, btw.

Thanks.

At-
I don’t have YBCR -French version, but I do have the YBCR-Spanish version…it is exactly the same as the English version, just completely in Spanish…it is my understanding that all of their other language versions are this way…As my 28 month old learned to read Along with YBCR, I thought it would benefit her to watch the same program in Spanish–and it has, to a degree…but it is way too slow paced for a kid that can already read English! After 3 days I gave up showing them on a schedule and just played each DVD a few times, which was wonderful! She absorbed a tremendous amount of material very quickly, and this is from a kid that just wasn’t really interested in other languages! (other than counting in about 8 languages, but she tends to be very interested in numbers)
Actually, I have started using LR to put together material from YBCR Spanish (someone, I can’t think who at the moment, but thank you! Did the starter already). This is more the pace you need for a busy toddler already reading…you might consider doing something similar in French.
Hope this helps a bit…

I am also dying for LR French (and Spanish!) to come out! We are going to France on holiday this year, so I’m really hoping we’ll have the opportunity to practice some French. We have watched all the Little Pim DVDs but like you found them a little slow paced. I’m not entirely sure how much my DD gained from them. I haven’t found a great immersion DVD for fast paced french learning, so would be very happy to hear any other suggestions. We also watch French with Serge the cheeky monkey http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Serge-Cheeky-Monkey-Salut/dp/056352006X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335270340&sr=8-1

This is not fully immersion - there is a parrot that speaks English, but it does have some French immersion sections, the monkey only speaks French and there is a short cartoon about an animal football team that is all in French. Each episode is about 20 minutes and we do enjoy this.

I keep hovering over secondhand Muzzy DVDs, but they are quite expensive and I have not read particularly good reviews of them.

If you are still interested, they sell it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Bebe-Sait-Lire-Your-Baby/dp/B005N0FDW2

I am thinking of getting it but I have no idea if it is in Canadian French or Parisian French. I personally prefer the latter as that’s how we speak it, maybe I’ll ask them (YBC) and keep you posted if I get a response.