YOUNG SCIENTIST,OLDER CHILD WANT TO SET UP HOME LABARATORY,WANT TO DO RESEARCH .

Hello,
I stay in India,here young scientists or who wants to do research in any field not having opportunity to learn,they all get sources from websites only.my son wants to do astro physics and physics related studies but he could not clarify his doubts.
How can we encourage these type of children in India.He feels boring at school,but he is one of the school topper.How can I bring him up and where I can Get resources for him.

Krithika,
Y dont you get him a telescope first??? I dont know how old your son is. But my plan is to get telescope when my son turns 2 or 3yrs… Let them discover themselves and later when their interest narrows down,we can try to set up a laboratory…

my son is 12 yrs old.He wants to set up a science lab.he has microscope and electronics circuits. He can design some simple circuits.

Can’t he volunteer at a research lab on some days? That is the best way in states to get experience. Here, everyone is willing to take on kids. They give them simple jobs (most often jobs that don’t relate to work they are interested in like filing) but just tagging along with a scientist and asking him questions, gives them really good experience. and it helps them decide whether this is what they want to do for the rest of their life or not. not sure if you have similar opportunity in india or whether you know some scientists around.
Also, you could look up at home science experiments online.
good luck…let us know what you find.

Thank u for the reply. Here we don’t know any scientists and in India they don’t allow the kids to the research centers,Pls give some website address to help him.