Yoga for babies and young children

Has anyone here been teaching yoga to their children?
My daughter has been doing some weird acrobatic figures recently and is keen on copying me when I do some gymnastics…
I was wondering if you just to do some postures in front of them and let them copy if they wish, ask them to do so? Do you use dvds?
Thanks for your input!

KL and someone else was. There’s another thread around here somewhere. Try searching for it.

I am planning to let my daughter to doing yoga when she is 3.

Colin gets yoga one day a week in his school. I think they just do one simple pose. It is good for them. They have dvds for teaching yoga to children. KL recommended these. Colin loves doing the yoga. It works on their gross motor skills and balance.

Pose of the week and dvds here:

http://www.yogakids.com/about-pose-of-the-week.php

Would you recommend their dvds, yogakids?
I’ll sample them on youtube before i buy them.

I have yoga kids dvd’s. I really like the abc one, I do yoga at least once a week with children and they love it, they already have memorized the hole routine of the dvd. I will totally recomend that one. Even my 25 months old daughter likes it very much.
Besides toddlers are really flexible, my daughter started doing some forward roll (tuck and rolls) all by hemself last month.

how old they should be for start the yoga???

I took mommy-baby yoga classes when my daughter was 15 months old…and I saw in class other mommies with younger babies. So I think it doesn’t matter…there are different yoga exercises you both can do togheter depending of age.
I recomend this book: Itsy Bitsy Yoga: Poses to Help Your Baby Sleep Longer, Digest Better, and Grow Stronger
You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Itsy-Bitsy-Yoga-Longer-Stronger/dp/0743243552

I read it and showed me a lot of exercises we can do with our babies. It was really cool!

My son learned some yoga at camp when he was 4 yrs old. I just enrolled him in a yoga class again. The class is starting next week. It is for ages 5 - 7 yrs old. However I’m bringing my daughter (almost 3 yrs old) too because I have no one to watch her during his class. I was planning to ask if she may participate. I could even keep her in the back of the room where she would unobtrusive. But I would rather pay for her to join and fully participate with the older kids. The class is sponsored by our local park system and they didn’t have classes for children under age 5.

Lori