Yet another article on the benefits of Music!

Need any extra incentive to practice? On the fence about starting Little Musician or an instrument?
I have recently been asked by family and friends why I teach Alex music now, and are there any benefits to teaching it if I have no way of knowing if she will continue…this seems so obvious to me, and of course, it is all about the exposure.

I thought some might enjoy this, especially if you are new to EL or music instruction for tots! There are several related articles linked as well…

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/120821212626.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily+(ScienceDaily%3A+Latest+Science+News)

Nice article!

One of the paragraphs says:

Prior research on highly trained musicians and early bilinguals revealed that enhanced brainstem responses to sound are associated with heightened auditory perception, executive function and auditory communication skills.
I'd be very curious to learn more about this prior research. Communication skills and auditory perception are very helpful, but executive function has been shown to be a huge indicator for success in life...

I wish they had said what constituted “highly trained”

I’ll have to do a little digging when I have time. Thanks again!