YBCR - Left brain stimulation

Hi Everyone, I have been showing my son the YBCR videos but after doing further reasearch I found that these videos are actually stimulating left brain learning since it shows the words for longer than a second and it repeats words often. I’ve read that Right brain learning is whats best for infants 0 to 3. So, now I am not sure if should continue with YBCR although my son really enjoys them. KL, what do you think about that? I definetly want to keep my sons right brain open for as long as possible…not sure if Left brain stimulation will hinder this. Any feed back will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello! Can you post the web link that you’ve researched on? I’d like to review them myself. Personally, I think if your child enjoys them and LEARNS from them, then I see no reason why you should stop it. =)

There are other ways (or other videos) to stimulate right-brain function. You could try coupling them with the YBCR videos. After-all, I’ve read that “whole-brain” approach is just as beneficial for infants.

I would agree with nadia, any learning is good. I couldn’t get my little one to even be interested in the videos until we had the little reader, but now he wants to watch them every day and wants to do LR every night before bed. If we try to skip LR he crys and won’t go to bed and before LR he would run to his bed and wait for you to put him in when you said it was bedtime. I love that he enjoys reading so much!

Right-brain education is great, but so is left-brain. Why choose just one when you can do both?

In fact, don’t worry too much about these labels and do whatever you feel is effective and which your child enjoys.

YBCR dvds are great and if your child likes them, then you should definitely continue using them!