Yay - reading success!

I am delighted to share my news - today my daughter read her first complete book, aged 2 years 8 months! :yes: :biggrin: :nowink: To say I am thrilled is an understatement!

It came as a complete surprise to me. My friend was showing me her recent delivery of Little Reader Deluxe. While we were chatting, Sophie picked out one of the books, Yellow Sun Blue Sky, and proceeded to read. I supplied three words when she got stuck, but other than that, she read it independently! I am on such a high since then and just had to share. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to film it but my friend kindly lent me 5 of the LR books so I’ll have the camera at the ready for the next few days.

So, for those of you out there who may be feeling discouraged, as I was at different times over the last 10 months, KEEP GOING, the feeling when you get there is wonderful! :smiley:

HOORAY! Way to go!

Patience in this task is very important. My toddler read his first book with ease about a month ago - nothing since other than words - but the new LR lets you know that they are reading with the games section.

This is great news - so happy for you! lol lol lol lol lol :yes: :yes: :yes:

To all the other mommies whose children are not reading yet - don’t be discouraged, be patient. :slight_smile:

Wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you guys. :slight_smile:

Congrats! That’s so great. I am so pleased for you :slight_smile:

:biggrin: Way to go!!! So happy for you both!

congratulations!!! I also have the Little Reader Deluxe Edition but I have to keep my baby away from the books for now because she tends to tear and eat the books’ pages lol

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Yay! Huge hugs to Big Sister Sophie! So happy for you and can’t wait to watch her read. Alex is going to be thrilled, and what a treat for baby Reuben, to have big sister ready to read to him :smiley:

Thanks for all the encouraging posts, I’m still on a high. It all seems to be coming together over the past few days. She even read some of her book for my dad today :slight_smile:

sonya - yes, I am really looking forward to using the games section when the UK curriculum comes out.

Keri - you’re right, Sophie is the sun, moon and stars to Reuben!

Wow! Good momma and good job baby girl. Isn’t it just amazing what little ones can do!

Congratulations!!! You are super!!! Well done!!! :yes: :yes:

Congratulations! You did a very good job and just keep being patient!

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Seastar!

Thanks guys!

I’ll have to remember the advice to be patient and resist the temptation to test as she has refused to read more than 1 or 2 sentences since the day she read the book. (repeats Manda’s mantra to self “input, input, input”) :slight_smile: