Yay! My 4yr old is reading books!

I wished I had taken video of this evening. My daughter age 4yrs 7 months read the whole book Green Eggs and Ham to me this evening. We’ve only been going at the reading since the end of last December so for three months and in three months time she has learned more words than I can count (still learning more with Little Reader) in such a short amount of time.

Tonight she told me that she loves books, and I loved listening to her read to me too. Of course I had to give my 7yr old her turn too because she likes to read. I’m using the Little Reader with her too.

I’ guess I’m tooting my own horn and I know that most kids younger here have already read it. But just thought it was our great accomplishement in such a short time.

That’s great to hear!

i am sure it must have been a wonderful experience. remember to write down in your diary…
. i am looking forward to the day when my daughter reads to me… :slight_smile:

That’s awesome Tracy! She may not be super young, but to learn so much in 3 months is amazing! :yes:

Great job. You must be so proud. It is amazing how fast she is learning.

Congrats, Lori

Great feeling, isn’t it? Congrats!!

You bet! Now she’s tackling the Aesop’s fable books. She loves them. :slight_smile:

Yeah, Tracy! I am so happy for you. It matter not how old she is. Learning to read is a huge milestone and we all breath a sigh of relief when our kids are able to do it. Congratulations to Maggie and to you for teaching her.

Right on Tracy! Thats so great to hear! My son started using LR when he was “older” (4.5 years) too. Does your 7 year old enjoy it too?

That is great!! The best part is that they both enjoy reading. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Krista :biggrin:
I can honestly say that I’ve taught all of my girls to read now. Which is a great feeling. Amazingly enough my sister who is 27 says she remebers when I taught her to read too. LOL

Great job! I know how that feel! My 2.4 yr old just started reading books a few days ago. Those are the first 3 books from starfall. He reads a bit of Peter and Jane too but never the whole book. He often lost interest when he saw trucks in the toyshop. lol

My 7yr old doesn’t seem to mind. She’s pretty easy to please though. Plus sometimes she’ll sit and watch the computer but most times is more willing to sit and do the flashcards. As long as I keep it fun and a game she’s all good with that. :clown:

That’s great he’s doing so well.