Xmas Light show for budding astronomers!

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope the new year brings many exciting EL adventures for everyone :slight_smile:

Here is a fun EL holiday present! Tomorrow evening (Dec 25th) the moon and Jupiter will be highly visible even in cities with lots of light pollution, and visible the world over:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2012/21dec_christmasnight/

It will be fun to take the telescope outside ( although you will be able to see it without!) and imagine BK friends around the world doing the same :yes:

Kerileanne! Thank you! Tonite at our gathering, Papa got out his telescope and we all huddled around for our turn to look at the sky. We had a great time tonite trying to make sense of what we were seeing. We were looking through the kitchen’s double pane windows so I’m sure it wasn’t as great as it could have been, but there was no way - even for Jupiter - that we were going to go outside in the STINKING cold weather :tongue: (I’m loving these Santa faces!)

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

missed this ne . can you please recommend good science equipment?? telescope ?? microscope ?? something tested and worked for your family
viv