WTA: Anyone know if any website that I can download pronunciations?

I need help w quite a lot of English pronunciations of the EK, anyone know if there is any website whereby I type in say two spotted ladybird beetle and it will be able to pronounce for me and I can save it and add to power points?

Thanks alot!

Hi,

This is what I use. www.m-w.com/home.htm. It’s a merriam webster online dictionary with pronunciation you can download or play. :smiley:

Thanks for your reply, they only can pronounce single words, they can’t pronounce a phase. eg: two spotted ladybird beetle. Or do u know where they can do it? I can’ find it.

Here is another link: http://www.howjsay.com.

Hi Shy001,

Thank you for this link. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, dear

Hi Shy001,
Thanks for your link, it’s very useful. I am still looking for those text to speech website hopefully with real voice if possible. Now I am stuck as a lot of the words under EK I don’t pronounce properly and I got to stop half way to check how to pronounce it, actually usually before I show unfamiliar words I will practice first but may be because I am nervous, when the word appear it take me awhile to pronounce the word and by the time it’s at next slideshow. U see my problem now? And I hope to learn together with my son… so I hope to add in voice into the slideshows. And my son shows great interest at the slideshows created by brillkids - LR. They pronounce it and I follow at the same time. And he will jump up and down in excitement.

Thanks everyone for the help!