write on a pdf in ipad

hello friends
I have some pdf mazes files I found online very colorful . I was wondering to save on printing and ink can I load them to ipad in ibook , but then what apps I can use so my little boy can trace the path with his finger or stylus , or draw on the pdf . there are so many apps there I couldn’t decide , I like to use one tried and approved by somebody I know so . I hope you can recommend something .
viv

I use the ipad app Notability by Ginger labs. It works like a charm for us.

thanks Arvi , so were you able to use it wiht your little one writing directly on pdfs ??
viv

also there are many stylus on amazon < any recommendation for one that is durable in our kids hands ??
viv

Bella would you mind sharing the website you found those mazes at? Thanks

We use doodle buddy. You can even just take a picture of the maze, and then choose a color and size to write with and just use your finger.

We like Educreations app. You can use camera, photos, dropbox or web. You can record your voice, write in it,move the downloaded picture away to see only your creation, duplicate it seing only your creation.
Thank you to make me to look at it again!!!

Thought I would share a site that we use to download all sorts of free mazes and logic puzzles that can be saved as PDFs or printed for use:
http://www.printactivities.com/

Also, we use a homemade stylus inspired by a how-to YouTube video Korrale4kq recently posted. We love it because it is inexpensive yes, but more so because it is the safest we have found for a toddler trying to force their writing utensil THROUGH the IPad whilst writing lol

I own the homemade stylus that I made. James uses them because they are chunky for his hands and they are durable. But cheap enough and easy enough to make, so I have a bunch of them anyways. And you can pad them well.

I also own some cheap ones I bought on amazon for less than a dollar. They are okay for precision things like pressing the page numbers in the brill kids forum on these pages. :). Or well suited for my smarty phone. But they are not durable, too small for James and I worry about him using it too hard and stabbing the iPad with it.

Oh and I just read about using the good notes app on the iPad for drawing the same day this thread started. So I have been using it. And I love it!
I can take pictures of workbook pages and James can then do them on my iPad. Really good for on the go. But I can also use dropbox to download PDFs and sync them to good notes. It is really complicated how it is done and I can’t remember the process enough to explain, But you just follow the prompts as you download things. It is super intuitive. :slight_smile:

oh i get them from many sites i love the site that keri shared , i use it , i use also 1+1+1 blog , and confession of a homeschooler .
But mostly i like to use them for my scanned kumon books that i got on amazon and scanned to use with my second child . you see i live in gambia and it is always big trouble to ship stuff from overseas . Now I am wondering if it is worth printing them out , would be cheaper to buy them than printing them , but if i can use them on the ipad that would be perfect . i am happy to share my copies of kumon with you if you like .
viv

Bella if you can get plastic sheet protectors that go inn3 ring binders, you can use whiteboard markers or dry erase crayons if you have them. You can just wipe them off and your child can redo sheets or futures children can also.

Hi !

Anyone is using an ipad app for youtube video download and offline playback?Any suggestion?Thank you.

Yes I use tube box.

OMGoodness!!! I’m getting an iPad tomorrow and I had no idea this was even possible!! I have loads of Kumon books on PDF and wondered how to use them with wasting ink.

Yes. The discovery of notability has revolutionized how I use my ipad.
Another app we love is Rover. It allows me to visit flash sits like starfall.com.

Hi !

Thank you Korrale4kq for your suggestion,it hes been very useful.

hi there!
Cannot believe I am soo far behind reading all the interesting posts that I have saved in my “to read” folder but it´s the pure reality…Anyway, I am sitting here with Educreations on my ipad, which is linked to my dropbox account and tried to input my .pdf file via the “image” icon and then selecting “dropbox” but it simply cannot import my .pdf from dropbox. It says “no images or folder found” although there IS a .pdf in that folder. Hmmm, would you mind explaining a bit more in detail how you get your .pdf intor your educreations project please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Korrale4kq,

wow, good notes works just GREAT and seems to have many many options! Do you use the free version or the paid version? Is the paid version worth investing money in (for somebody with a tight budget?)
Another question that I am asking myself is - how does it compare to notability?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Korrale4kq,

you seem to know both apps, Good Note and Notability - could you or any other member please give a short overview about which one you like best for what purpose? I have just started to use Good Notes and it looks fine (although they already urge me to upgrade to the paid version in order not to miss the boat for future updates…)

Notability looks like the more comprehensive app to me but although I wouldn´t consider myself as a below average user, I already get lost just reading through their user guide - they are talking about icons that I cannot easily identify :frowning: (for example the palm rest that I cannot make bigger or the “typing feature” that I struggle to find :frowning:

Is Notability completely free?

How do they compare and which one do you prefer for the purpose of having kids write on .pdf files on the ipad please?

Many thanks in advance!