workbooks for practicing reading and writing in French language?

Hello,

I like Kumon workbooks very much. Is anything similar exist for French language?
I am looking for practicing reading and writing in French for the little ones?

Would appreciate any recommendations

We are using the following collections:

They are quite different from Kumon but I highly recommend them (especially Léo et Léa if you have to choose only ONE program to teach reading). You may try T’choupi workbooks if you are looking for sth similar to Kumon, but they are of inferior quality. You may also try iPad/ iPhone apps like Petite Section (Nathan) with Moyenne Section & Grande section. They teach basic handwriting. Just bare in mind that the French handwriting is very different from what’s used elsewhere. I personally think it is very beautiful (that’s how I learned to write, with a fountain pen on Seyes paper using workbooks similar to these: http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅZÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boscher&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aboscher).

I use the leo et lea and love them . i also taught my little one to write french attache ,cursive which is much nicer than the english cursive ( for me ) . i think leo et lea are excellent for teaching to read in french phonetically .
viv

Thank you very much for the recommendations!!!
Just ordered them, will have now even more work for myself to study and teach lol

You’re welcome! Those books are very very helpful and of a high quality . I did tons of research before choosing them including reading pedagogic reports from different French schools discussing and comparing over 20 other programs! We’re not using their handwriting though. I am teaching my son with HWT and I think it’s good enough for him for the moment. But he can fluently read the French cursive (thank you LR! BTW, you can download nice French fonts here:
http://www.pepins-et-citrons.fr/police-cursive-a2708801
Our favorites are “crayon” and “cursif”

I am teaching my 20 month and 3 1/2 year old French as a third language, but have no idea which picture books to buy. Ideally I would like them to have very little text and large print.

Any suggestions?

Usborne books are maybe what you’re looking for. They have well written/ illustrated picture books. For non-fiction, you may try Gallimard Jeunesse publishing. For very simple books, T’choupi and Petit Ours Brun may be good options.