Will she outgrow this?

My dd likes to rub anything she can find between her legs. She especially likes shopping carts and her carseat. It started when she was a year old and I thought she would outgrow it, but she is now 19 months old and I see no end in sight. What do I do? What shouldn’t I do?

Kids at that age begin to notice their parts and realize that touching or rubbing them gives them pleasure. It’s normal. Once she gets old enough to understand, you can explain that we only do certain things in private and you can also explain that no one else is allowed to touch her there.

Thanks for the advice nhockaday, any idea what age I could start trying to explain this to her? I tried the other day, but it was clearly over her head.

I was going to do some more research on it, but so far haven’t found the time. Anyone know of any good net articles on this topic?

http://www.babycenter.com/0_masturbation_11558.bc Here’s a good one. It’s more about a toddler touching herself, not rubbing objects there, but it’s essentially the same concept.

Whenever I changed diaper, my baby also touch his private part becuase of curiosity. The first time he felt it, he was so surprise that his eyes were wild.