will it confuse baby teaching dogs name?

i’ve just started teaching my 8 month old son to read and was just wondering if you think it will confuse him if when making up slides of family if i put a picture of our dog in with his name, do you think he will be able to differentiate between our dog and his name (storm) and another picture of a dog with the word “dog”?

Maybe, but I think he will sort it out. We often teach the word “baby” but they somehow know that it isn’t their name.

I included our dog’s name in the family category. Gabriel signed dog every time he saw it, but he could still recognize the word dog too, even if it had a picture of another dog.

lol hee hee… our dd’s first word was our dog’s name. she has no problem confusing him with other dogs… though much to our chagrin she is turning into a CAT person!!! aiy!!

I had the same feel too.My daughter loves to watch BOLT movie almost everyday;(I can’t do anything,she take the cd and ask me to play it :blush: )the dog in the movie name is bolt.sometimes I’m difficult to tell that it is bolt or dog.same goes to the name of cat(the cat name mittens),and the hamster(name rhino; rhino the hamster lol )I worry that she might be confuse… :wacko:

No, I don’t think it will confuse your child - if you think it might you could always say the word that you write (eg Storm) and then when showing the picture say: Storm, our dog.
At a certain stage children seem to become very fascinated by names (sometime around age 2 I believe) and then want everything to have a name. My daughter is 21 months old and has recently started to refer to our four dogs correctly by name (they have very hard to pronounce names), but she still calls them all “woo woos” when she speaks about them in general.

Hi tanikit, i just now dropped by your blog, wow,your laurana is so beautiful,so sweet.same goes to the info and story, it’s good too.can’t wait to updated lullaby(my blog name),so that i can share story about my baby with all. :nowink: