why red print instead of black???

AAAHHH…I figured it out… Hopefully this is now posted in the right spot :slight_smile: Below is my question that I “cut & pasted” from my earlier attempt.

Hi All,

I’m very new at this whole “early education” thing, so please excuse my ignorance… (frankly, I’ve never been in a “forum” either, so I have no idea if I’m even starting a discussion correctly! - forgive me if this shows up somewhere it’s not supposed to be - and, please correct me!)

I’m currently using the YBCR dvd program (3 weeks today) and stumbled across BrillKids last week. Here’s my question…why is it red and not black print for flashcards? The YBCR videos use different colours, fonts & backgrounds. On several of the threads that I’ve read red ink is encouraged to be used on white background. I’d like to know why? Is this only for younger babies (mine is 14months)? Is it okay to use black? I know that Glenn Doman suggests red, but WHY???

Thanks so much!

I too really want the answer to this question.

I think the reason that Glen emphasized red so much is because it’s the color that the eye is naturally most attracted to … so the red color would capture the babies attention more than the black color. that’s why the red color is also used alot in advertisement.

Red is apparently the first color newborns see.

They first see black/white, then red. I think experts like Glenn Doman choose red because it is, well, a color, and not just black/white, so it would be more attractive.

FYI, for LR, you can choose whatever colors you want, and even randomize it, which we recommend. Same applies to font, and even casing.

Hmmm… Thanks for your responses. I think that what I’ll do is print them on my computer in black when I find freebies, but use a red marker when I want to make my own cards.

I’m still interested if anyone has a quote or some definite reason from GD as to why he suggests red… Until then, I’ll use both :slight_smile: