why babys do'nt want to brush theeths

my sister don’t want to brush her teethes when ever mommy starts to brush her teeths she start to as loud as she can.
so
do any one has to face this problem???
thanks

I think it’s fairly normal (although my son loves to brush his teeth).

You could try to sing a special song when brushing teeth, let her brush her own teeth, or even geta special toothbrush (they make them with cars or ballerinas or Hello Kitty)…they even have toothbrushes that make music, but only while brushing.

It’s a phase – keep brushing. It will pass.

We have another thread about this same thing http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner/it-so-difficult-for-me-to-brush-my-little-one-teeth/

she have a brush with a car and a brushes with dolls but if we try using them she throw the brush .
i will try to sing a special song when she is brushing.
thax

did you ever try changing toothpaste? maybe she don’t like current toothpaste. maybe u can give some toothpaste she likes. may be there is a fruit which she like… than you can get the same flavor

I have tried these ways with my toddler and he enjoys it everyday:

You can try brushing teeth together with your baby. You brushing yours and he/she brushing his/hers.

Then switch, get him/her to brush yours and you brushing his/hers by taking turns. With that you can ensure you have brushed hers/his clean and well.

try different kinds of toothpaste - my son likes the fruity ones and because he still swallows the paste, we are still using baby toothpaste. my son didn’t like the 1st toothbrush that we used because the bristles were hard so we tried to find the softest one. his cousin though, who’s only 7 months older than him, liked the battery operated vibrating toothbrush. i got my son interested in brushing by letting him see his mommy & daddy brushing. now, i let him brush his teeth after i’ve brushed his teeth and let him know he’s doing a good job. we also recently learned about plaque from Sid the Science Kid (PBS.org) and he is aware that when he doesn’t brush (which he sometimes want), he’ll get plaque & get a toothache/bad teeth and i remind him of this.

i don’t think its the tootpaste perse’, its the idea of putting inside their mouth!i am facing this challenge as well. Issam has 8 teeth now and still counting but there is no way i can brush it, tried with was clothe, nothing really works! :frowning: i have read that oral hygiene should be implemented as soon as the teeth comes out in order to promote the idea as well as to keep both the teeth n gums healthy.