Which was your baby's first word?

I put it out of my mind because people didnt believe me, other than family members and regular visitors. And I dont have it on video (daughter took her phone swimming) but I was reminded when I came across other babies that age (ish) saying hello on YouTube… They really can at that age, and really do. Sometimes Hewwo, sometimes heyyo, sometimes Heh-oh… she really tried hard.

My son also was saying what sounded like hello and hi before he was two months old. Sometimes he would do it around friends and family and they thought it was really cute. He would also say it when he woke up from a sleep which was adorable. I never counted it as a first word as I think he was just experimenting with sounds and it is a sound that I have heard other young babies make also. He stopped saying it at around 4 months and hasn’t said it since (now 10 months). He said his first real words at 8 months.

My daughter just said Allo today (French for Hello, when you pick up the phone) She heard my phone ring and said AwwwO. We called the house phone a few time to get her to do it again, and she did it a few times. (She is almost 9 months)
Phones (mobiles) are her favorite toys. I have no idea why. Partner reckons it is because she’s seen them since she was born. I am paranoiac so I turn my phone off when I give it to her, and I don’t let her put it in her month as it must be full of germs.

booooooooooo for book at 6.5 monthsviv

I believe what you have said cause my daughter said " hello" when she was 8 weeks old. I didn’t figure it out until now. Baby they learn things by repetition. However, she didn’t say it later on since we didn’t say hello anymore. she said mama when she was 4 months old only when she is fussy or thirsty/hungry. However, she couldn’t name many words until she turned 15 months old. Now she is like a chatter box.

I believe Doman talks about early talkers (babies a few weeks or months old) in How Smart is Your Baby. Mums can sing a song over and over again and get to baby to fill in the blanks.
Am doing it now with my daughter and when she does concentrate and focus on me and the song, she definitely helps me singing.

Though my son is not yet speaking but his first word was paaa when he was 2.3 months.

Ian’s first word (at about 9 months) was STAR - he was pointing to a star shaped light on his wall. He also said IKEA which is where it came from LOL! Daddy, doggie and others came soon after. He refused to say Mommie for the longest time…

My daughter loves to say “what is that?” as well. She always wants to know the name and sign for everything.

I think it counts as a word when the baby says it knowing the meaning. If it’s just random babbling than it’s probably not intentional words. However if they look at you and say mama especially if they extend their arms it’s definately a word.