Which method is better Doman or shichida?

I wish to start teaching my daughter math but I am stuck with which method to use. I heard about the doman and the 65 day math from shichida but I really don’t know which to follow. There isn’t any right brain school where I live so I have to do everything. Which method is better for a 30 month old?

I doubt anyone on this forum would give you a strait " use this one!" answer to that :smiley:
It’s not a one size fits all. You could use either or both combined and you would still get the results with consistent use.
At 30 months I would probably use some flash cards with dots, maybe up to 100. You could use little math, a Doman App on your iPad, or homemade flash cards made with stickers or a bingo blotter.
On top of that I would add some activities from the Marshmellow math book. As your baby is already 2 I think more than just dot cards is a good idea. Lots of parents here like Marshmellow math as a gentle first step.
Of course if you had access to a shichida centre I would totally use that! Nothing like a class to ensure consistency and results!

Thanks Mandabplus3. Unfortunately, there isn’t any shichida class where I live. I have to do everything by myself. I’ll try to get the marshmallow math. Do you by any chance know about the montessori method. I spent hours reading posts about it on this forum but I couldn’t get the answer I was looking for. What is the method of montessori?

Hi from what I understood

With Doman method if there is no right time to teach - your child is not well or happy - you can take a day or two off and continue where you finished last time.
With Shichida method, if there is day when you are not teaching, you should start from day one again. So there is a very strict schedule.

Montessori is basically a method where you are being led by your child. If you see that your child wants to do stacking activities you give him lots of opportunities to do that until he or she masters it. It is a window of opportunity ( exploring hights maybe) and his or hers brain need to do that type of activities. You can get lots of ideas from many blogs on the internet.
You offer different activities but let your child to choose.
You practice it with different activities not just with one :wink:

Have you tried Little Math ?

Thanks lelask. Yes I have tried LM but my daughter doesn’t like it. But when I flash cards but dots on it, she looks attentively and repeats everything. She likes flashcards more. ok, that’s interesting, I didn’t know shichida was soo strict. what activities can I include for Montessori?

There are times when children don ´t like to look at LM and then there are times they love it. I had to changqe the colour screen to black and the dots to white to make her interested or use a toy picture instead of dots.
If you still have time try change the backround. LM is great, so easy to use. We have used flash cards but it was hard to keep a diary of what we were doing. lol

http://forum.brillkids.com/little-math/how-to-get-child-interested-in-little-math/

For the montessori question it would be better to find one of the montessori threads as this one is about math. :slight_smile:

hi
you can teach number with dot flashcards but these method aren’t good for teaching math.as others said, you can use Montessori material.