Which Doman books are most essential?

If I buy/ read “How to multiply your Baby’s Intelligence,” will I miss out on much compared to if I read the three books it summerizes (reading, math, and encyclopidic knowledge)?

As far as the how to’s from these books, I’ve learned the basics for math, reading, and encyclopedic knowledge on this wonderful websight. If I buy the book/ books I know I will get more details on how to brain works, as well as success stories, what other advantages do they offer?

For the physical program will the book tell me where to start with a 2 year old as well as with a newborn?

Thank you very much,
JJ (Jennifer Joy)

Thanks JJ for asking the question. :slight_smile: I’ve just started wondering the same thing. I was able to borrow the Doman reading book from the library, but they don’t have any of the others. I also learned most of what I know from this site, and am wondering if and which books would be good to own.

Can’t wait to hear what y’all think. :yes:

From what I can see the information you find on the internet at this site is an excellent summary of the book. The book goes on and on about how it is possible and how they discovered it and the how to do it is found easily on the internet. If you want to buy one book I would suggest the summary. Although I am not sure it is necessary. I would suggest getting a book from the library and seeing if you really want to purchase one. Save your money for all the materials you will need making flash cards :).

Personally, I would say reading the books is absolutely necessary. Perhaps not all of them, because they do repeat the same thing over and over (children are geniuses–I get it) but, at the very least, How to Teach Your Baby to Read or How to Multiply Your Baby’s Intelligence.

I don’t recommend the books so much for the HOW (which you already have) so much as for the WHY. It can get really hard making cards and trying to keep a child’s interest–Doman’s story is really so inspiring. It talks about the brain basics, about success stories, and it just generally makes you fall in love with this baby-loving old man.

Personally, I think it most benefical to read them.

I read and own all of them (how to teach your baby to read, math, encyclopedic knowledge, multiply your babies intelligence, physically superb, and swim). I strongly recommend the reading, math and encyclopedic knowledge. If you read those threee I think you will find the multiply your babies intelligence to just be redundant. But if you read just the how to multiply your babies intelligence you will miss a lot of the intricacies, not just the inspirational stories but small details that can mean a lot to your program. How to multiply your babies intelligence really just glosses over the programs whereas the other books really delve into what to do with different age groups, and the nitty-gritty specifics of what/how/why to do things. I think it is possible to do a program from the how to multiply your babies intellience but I think it will help immensely to read the other books. Maybe try getting them from the library and then if you find that you think they will be useful buy them used online. In addition how to multiply your babies intelligence doesn’t cover the physical program or swimming.

I wanted to add - the Physical book will tell you where to start wherever your child is at (from birth through age six).

Whatever you do, though, don’t buy the Physically Superb video!! In my opinion, it was so boring I could hardly sit through it. Read the information instead of having it read to you on the video

Thank you everyone for your help! It is interesting to see how opinions differ and yet I gained from all of them. It is a relief to know that the basic “hows” that I’m using are good without the books.

It is also great to know that I can read one and get most of the extras. Then eventually I’ll gain even more by reading each seperately. This is nice because my local library doesn’t have any of them. We are from a very small town. That makes it more realistic to buy two to get started and then build up later.

Thank you for your help!
Jennifer

I also couldn’t get the books at our libraries so started with what I had learnt on here and also from my parents who taught my sister to read when she was two. Since then I did buy How to teach your baby to read and a bit later How to teach your baby Math. I am not planning on buying the other books right now as I wanted to make sure my programmes were going ok first - the reading is going well, but I still want to be more in a routine with the math before looking further.

Nonetheless I am doing some encyclopaedic knowledge with my daughter on Little Reader and have picked up some things about the physical programme from here too.

I bought them all and can tell you that “How to Multiply Your Baby’s Intelligence” is a summary of all the books - in fact, it cuts directly to the ‘how to’ for each subject. If you can only get one, get this one!