Where to start

I just came across this website today, and honestly before that I had not even thought about teach my 9 month old son how to read. That being said, I’d really like to get him started with some type of language program. It seems there are several schools of thought, and I’m not really sure where to start. The idea of the software seems great, but I don’t know if I can spend that kind of money right now. I’d love any advice anyone has on getting started with a low budget.

Not sure if you’re aware, but Little Reader has a monthly payment plan to make it more affordable.

I agree with TeachingMyToddlers the monthly plan is amazing. I would not be able to afford LR without it. They also have a free ebook download that explains the program and early learning. Little Reader tries to use a little bit of everything. In each lesson they use right brain methods, multi-sensory methods, phonics and more. The best thing about this program is it’s versatility and amazing tech support. Many people on this forum make their own lessons and share them with everyone here. Meaning you can teach your baby not only reading but science, math, art, a foreign language or just about anything.

Also if you ever have a problem with the software or need help in anything related to early learning. The tech support is the best I have ever encountered. They will get back to you in a timely manner and they really will work with you till your problem is solved(which is pretty quick). The people on the forum are great too. Everyone here is very supportive and you will get plenty of good advice.

The best way to tell if it is worth purchasing though is to download the free trial and see if you like it.