Where to start with 11 month old

Hi there,

My daughter just turned 11 months old, and I’d like to start doing some more structured teaching to her.

Right now we listen to music, read books, and play with blocks and other toys. We have a piano that she has just started alternating her hands to play on. She’s been walking since 9 months. She’s much more independent than the little girl we have playdates with - she’s totally focused on the newcomers and will toddle off outdoors without seeming afraid. I do let her play by herself everyday (indoors of course). She has a good sense of humor and likes to play games with us, although she is already quite willful.

I’ve looked at a few posts with what everyone is doing, and I think I’d just like to know what two or three things to you would start with. I realize 11 months is probably late around here, but I think she will respond well to new things. I intend to homeschool, so I think it’s time to get some habits in place!

Thank you!

Hello!

Welcome to the forum! :smiley: Most people I have read about have found the Early Learning when their first baby is already two or three. So do not worry, you are in no way late :smiley:

With any younger baby I would start with Doman How to Teach Your Baby to Be Physically Superb. There has been found a tight link between physical and intellectual development of a baby. Because your daughter is developing very fast and has already passed most of the content I would start with something else.

The next important thing to me would be to encourage the baby to start reading, so I would buy some book or LittleReader for that. Our 8 month old baby loves LittleMusician. He is trying to clap the table and sing while we watch it, so that would be something I would try also.

Please tell how you are progressing! :smiley:

hello and welcome here,this is a great thing you are doing for your baby,

Thank you for the ideas! I downloaded the trial of LittleReader to start and I was surprised that she was willing to sit still and watch the whole time. She even got upset when the session was over this morning, so that’s a keeper!