Where to start for 2 yr old?

Hi -

My son is almost two and I want to start a program. Is it too late for little reader or little math? If I can only do one, which one should I prioritize? Or, is there another program more suited for a two year old?

We read, play and do a lot of crafts but i’ve never done anything formal and I am nervous to start?

Thanks,

BB

Hi BB,

2 years old is not too late to start Little Reader or Little Math. Also, we have many parents that have both Little Reader and Little Math and this may be a consideration for you!

If you haven’t tried already, I recommend trying trial Little Reader and Little Math with your son to see how he likes it and responds, I’m sure this will aid your decision Trial Little Reader and Little Math can be found here once you have logged into your BrillKids account:

Little Reader:
http://www.brillkids.com/user/#purchases/littlereader

Little Math:
http://www.brillkids.com/user/#purchases/littlemath

Using Little Reader and Little Math shouldn’t be seen as formal and this is not we are about or encourage, it should be about learning and fun at the same time! Have a try at our trial products and see how it goes!

Cheers,

Eddy

Brillkids is definitely not something formal :wink: Its actually something fun. :yes:
No, its not too late to start that’s for sure. It will still be very easy to teach your son to read at 2yrs old.
I knew nothing about early reading until about a year ago and even then I waited it out trying to teach my daughter reading using phonics only. I finally gave in and bought Your Baby Can Read for my daughter and it worked wonderfully for her. She was struggling mightly with phonics and I needed a different approach and that was it.
I only wished I knew about this when I first had my children. My youngest is 4 and half years old and she loves the combination of Your Baby Can Read and Little Reader and Little Math. Trouble is our trial of LR actually ended today and she was so sad. I felt bad ,but have to wait to get it when I get some money.

I agree definitely try both. I wouldn’t advise anything formal with a 2 year old but perhaps your definition of formal is different from mine. Most of the products aimed at this age group to teach reading or maths should be fun and Little Reader and Lottle Maths are just that.