When will my baby read?

Hi…

I bought little reader and little math few months back. I have a son, who is 2 years old and a daughter, who is 6 months old. My daughter is happy and content now after showing this. My son looks forward to seeing them as soon as he gets up in the morning…!

I show them the Little reader and Little math regularly. But then my son is still not able to read. Its not like I check him or anything. Its just that I don’t know how to see whether he is reading or not. He does all the actions and says the names of all the things and animals shown there, which he used to do 1 year back itself, since we used to show him flashcards from birth. But he does not read words.

Also don’t know whether he understands the quantity of math.

When will he start to read words and say the quantity of math? And how should i go about to find it out?

Since it sounds like he is having fun, leave it at that. Just keep doing what your doing and if he wants to read for you he will. I think you should go at least 6 months before you even try to find out. That is just my opinion, but once we start asking our children to show us what they know, it isn’t as fun for them, unless you have made an investment into the program with your time and perseverance.

Thanks a lot, krista…

This atleast motivates me to keep showing them…

you need not worry for that sirajudeen. I think now your baby would have started speaking its own words. Just flash those words,(also stick those words in ur kids room) he will become more excited and slowly include the new one. Did the same to my son,he is 14months now and is reading around 30 words…
But with maths he is so much interested in saying two and three.So whichever dot card i show he shouts two,three. I convinced myself saying flashing the card will stimulate the right brain,so results apart we are enjoying with the dot cards too.
Keep going,your kid is gonna surprise you one day… have patience…

Keep doing it and have patience. I started flash cards when he was 9-10 months old and LR and LM for about 5 ( months now. ( he is 23 months now)
I was tempted to test him all these while but I am afraid he will lose interest.
Last weekend, we were playing with some cards. I thought this might be a good fun way to know. To my surprise, he knows all the words. He read all the colors, parts of the body, actions words, 1-10 ( both in english and chinese) correctly.
Krista’s monki see monki do DVD helps too.
When is time to show you, he will. Please be patience and just have fun.

Why don’t you just turn the pronunciations off and see if he reacts to seeing the words? (make sure auto-forward is off too, and pause just a bit before forwarding to the pics).

You can use the new Override function to make sure all lessons will have pronunciations turned off without having to turn them off for each lesson.

absolutely kl.

it was few days after i started using LR for E i forgot to turn on the speaker and was so happy to see E was reading those words by herself. the good thing is it was common animal lesson and you know she read the word and try to make the animal sounds too.

LR makes our life easy and gives enjoyable time

Thanks KL and everybody there…

Would try that out and let u know the result…