when to increase the number of cards shown?

Hi, I read from the book somewhere that we are suppose to transit from flashing 5 categories of 5 cards to 10 cards? Correct?
when to increase the number of cards? When to add couplets and when to start showing sentences and short books? Can anyone advise?

Also, does it matter whether the words are handwritten or print?

tks

My belief is that there are no hard and fast rules to these things - so much depends on your child. Tailor it to your child’s interest and response, and regarding when to show couplets, etc., tailor it to his/her ability and progress levels. For me, I showed Felicity single words, couplets, phrases, and short stories even from young, but spent more focus on what interested her more.

regarding handwritten or print text, I would suggest both - this is why we normally encourage randomizing the font type on Little Reader.

I have definitely had to tailor it to my child. As far as I know, Doman suggests showing five words in a set the first day and then two sets of five words the second day, three sets the third day and works up to five sets of five words each. This is too much for me and my baby - she is far too active even to get through a whole set of five, so I now have two sets of five words active, but only show her as many in each set as I can manage - sometimes as few as two before she turns and moves away.

To help with this I have also stuck two words on the wall at the height she’d be when I carry her and I point these words out to her when we pass them. I am trying both to see what works best with her. The words on the wall I change every day or two.