When should i start story telling?

Hi,

My baby is 6 months old.
When should i start telling story to him?

Thanks

You can start now.

Just tell a true story. It only has to take a moment. “I was walking down the road to get to my car last week and I saw a little girl wearing a shirt and the shirt was green, the little girl was so upset! She was crying and sad but then she started screaming and her mom didn’t know what to do with her. Her mom yelled at her and got very irritated. Sometimes people have a hard time with dealing with their emotions, don’t they? What do you think the mom should’ve done, baby?”

Pause to listen…

“Yeah, the girl couldn’t talk yet, but I think if her mom had stopped to ask her a few questions, the girl would’ve been able to get her thoughts accross”

Tell about how you lost the car in the parking lot and it made you exxasperated.
Or how you wanted to by Store Brand of the mayonaise because it was cheaper, or how you wish you could’ve had a different major in College but why you chose the one you chose or why you didn’t go.

You can start telling stories now. I started with classics like The Three Little Pigs, The Three Bears, Jack and the Beanstalk. You can add some emphasis with your voice to certain parts to keep their interest.