when should i get the little math for her? what age?

when should i get the little math for her? what age?

my baby is 6 months old

The earlier the better, IMO. Because after they turn 1, they start to have preferences and it may be difficult to get them interested in quantities.

You can start by flashing physical cards too and later move on to Little Math as per your convenience or start Little Math right away if your budget allows it.

Hi IMO,

I agree with Quester. The chapter 12 of the book “How to teach your baby math” explains how to start teaching math according to the age of your baby. For Little Babies (between 7 and 12 months) they recomend :

1. Keep every session very brief
  2. Have sessions often
    because the movility of the bay is expanding everyday and they are not sedentary any more

The book works with flashcards with dots, but you can apply the same prionciples with little reader. For me the key question is …are they able to properly see the screen of the computer when they are so young ?

Hope it helps !

Napa

I am pretty sure they can see properly, Napa, because we started LR since 4 months and she enjoyed it. But you can always experiment and see what works with your baby the best. We did a lot of things in printed form as well at that point, I wish we continues with that, but I just did not have a chance to keep up with making my own printed materials, so I used LR :smiley: We still read lots of books through, and do other activities :slight_smile: Hope you will find what will work the best for you!

Now! It is much easier to teach them before they start to run around and can’t/won’t sit still. Good Luck to you. Thankfully LM has great cirriculum that makes it very easy to be organized.

Thank you Skylark and khatty for your comments !