When it time palce our little one in school, what are you going to do?

Hi, Everyone!
I have been wondering about this and I know I am going to homeschool but I am wondering how am I going to go about it since using Glenn Doman’s programs, YBCR and LR. I am going to be using Tweedle wink, wink to learn, rosetta stone and magic memory games next month. I have also made and still making my own flash cardcpresentations and videos. What we are doing with our kids is above the norm. But when trying to get my kids in regular school public or private they still see him as a three years old and will place him in school by his age and not ability. I mena I just finish talking to a curriculum advisor at Sonlight.org and she felt that I should start my kid in p5/4 or core k because he is three even if he is pass this kind of curriculum. I asked her if she ever heard of Glenn Doman and his programs and she said know. I thunk that the Homeschool world and our school system really needs to wake up we have a huge volume of kids that are being raised as genius through these programs we are using every day. Is any one else having this kind of problem? Can any one give me advise on what to do about homeschooling? I want to get a prepackaged curriculum kit like sonlight or spectrum publishing but I need to continue with Doman’s program. Doman also talked about sinding your kids to montessori school or homeschooling in taht method, is any doing this?

I totally understand your concern. I had never tought about homeschooling before. I do have plenty of time before my daughter starts school, but I’m trying to think ahead. There are a couple of threads that may be helpful to you:

http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/what-to-do-when-your-kids-go-to-school/
http://forum.brillkids.com/homeschooling/comparing-homeschooling-curriculums-what-do-you-use/

Hope these help and give you some light. Feel free to ask any additional questions. :slight_smile:

I don’t know but everything is on the table right now. Based on his current personality, I don’t think homeschool would be a great thriving environment for him because he loves people and kids so much. But we will see. Montessori, private, parochial, all boys, public kindergarten, everything is on the table, even boarding school for high school. We talk about these all the time. We just have to make an evaluation of our philosophy and his needs at the time and get into a best fit kind of situation.

It will also depend on your financial capacity. I was doing some research and a year in a Montessori school where we think we may be living by then is almost US$12,000 a year :ohmy: I almost felt out of my chair :blink: For now, homeschooling is winning but as Kappasweet said it will also depend on their personality.

Hi everyone who respond,
I son loves his flash cards, videos, presentations and workbooks. He loves to learn. I live outside of New Orleans were I was born and raised. I refuse to place my kids in New Orleans or Kenner’s public, charter or private schools. They are simply not up to par. I would be doing them an unjustice. I will continue to homeschool my kids because since birth that is simply what I have been doing. In fact we all are on this mesage born. I will use the any methods that complies with domann and continue to use doman. If some of you are worried about social actives, there are some homeschool support groups that offer co-op classes and daily or weekly field trips. They even have graduations, yearbooks, school papers and etc. Even prom. These kind of homeschool support groups are functioning as schools to feel the social void. Some support groups even have sports team and play against public, charter or private schools. My son will be alot of fun activities with children his age starting in July. Swimming which is favorite, soccer, taekwundo, and gymnastics. I all of these activities as during the night time but his swim class which are during the after noon. These works out with our homeschool, flashcard schedule during the day and reading dueing the day as well. I understand it is about his personality, homeschool fit his. good luck to you all. I found there montessori programs so far mecs software, homeschool123.com and shiller math. I am also going to continue using spectrum curriculum for starters. Thanks.