when is the best time of day

when is the best time of day to teach reading to little ones?

Whenever they are most receptive. It varies from child to child, even day to day. You have to try different times of the day and see what works for your child, and don’t be discouraged if what works one day doesn’t work the next.

I suppose it depends on each child, I don’t think there is a good or a bad time to learn, but try when your little one is calmer. Mine learns better after his nap. He is more relaxed at this moment, so I sit him on my lap and teach him.
I hope this helps you. Good luck

It varies from child to child but also from phase to phase and day to day. I used to teach my child mainly after naps, but this has now switched to early morning and again at bath time (despite that time usually being associated with winding down and being tired, it seems to work for us)

You also have to do what works for you and not just for your child - maybe you are working at your child’s most receptive time - that’s ok, just do it when you can. Your child just has to be receptive, not most receptive.

Es cierto que depende del niño, pero tambien aconsejan que el mejor momento para enseñarle es a la mañana. Yo lo hago con mi hija y funciona muy bien. Realizo todas las actividades que requieren as cncentracion a la mañana y a la tarde hacemos ejercicio, limpieza, etc. Con respecto a las flashcards trato de mostrarselas a la mañana y durante el dia, me ha funcionado mostrarselas antes de dormir la siesta y antes de dormir a la noche, le gusta mucho en esos momentos.

True, depends on the child, but also advises that the best time to teach it is in the morning. I do with my daughter and it works very well. Perform all activities as required concentration i do it in the morning and in the afternoon we do exercise, cleaning, etc… With regard to attempts to show flashcards I do it in the morning and during the day, I have worked display before nap and before bed at night, she likes in those moments.

yes true they are all different just wondered if anyone found a certain time easier or harder for that matter

For us Mornings are better than evenings. But we tend to do things around his eating times. At breakfast, I show the YBCR video. During Snack we show the Math and Reading words and at Dinner we do another session of Math and Reading. We incorporate other things as we can during the day such as another session of Math/Reading as well as showing the slide cards/flip books. However, my son is busy and often doesn’t want to stop for another formal session. If that’s the case we play ‘games’ to incorporate the word session again.

Thankfully he really looks forward to his sessions while eating. He’s going to be in his chair anyway, so he likes that he gets to do something fun. These are not habits we want to continue forever, but they’re working for now.

Good luck to you!