When imagination takes off - writing stories

My daughter is 2.5 years old. We started writing the story of the Princess and the Pea using a flip file and getting her to colour in the pictures while I told the story with simple words she can read. Today we finished making the story and she read the whole thing, but the flip file was not full. So this is what I got out of my daughter.

“That is not the end.”

“Oh, well what happens after the prince marries the princess?”

“The princess dies. The prince is looked after by his cat. They don’t have a house.”

“Oh, where do they live?”

“They live in a CITY. They eat fish from the sea. The cat is sinking.”

“Oh dear, who will rescue the cat.”

“The prince DIVE in the water. Then a shark come. Then a whale come. They go on the whale’s back.”

And as she tells me all this she turns the empty pages and gets to the end. “And that is the end.”

I guess our story won’t be finished for quite some time and where will I find colouring in pictures of cats sinking, prince’s diving and sharks and whales coming?

Wonderful!

Very cute!

Imagination is wonderful. Keep righting down her stories. She will love to hear them when she is older. Thanks for sharing that. :slight_smile:

Nice one… :slight_smile:

ya thats a good idea. i really sometimes got stuck when reading stories for E. my sissy just 33 month old has good imaginations. she do tell good stories when we give the character. like if i say can you tell me a story of a yellow can or big crab.

we really enjoy her stories