When do you feel actual baby kicks?

This is my 20th week pregnant and i didn’t feel my baby kicks yet. wondering when you felt the first kick. This is my first baby and first pregnancy!

You probably won’t feel actual kicks for a few weeks, but you should start to feel little flutters anytime now. They say anytime after 18 weeks.

Hi, rizoo!
I think I realized that my DD was kicking around 7th months.
I remember I’ve read somewhere that with the first time pregnancy you do not know how the actual kicking feels
and might miss the first kicks lol

For me the “kicks” always start out very subtly. At first you can’t even tell if it is gas or movement. I am currently pregnant with my third and I know by 30 weeks the kicks are vigorous enough that I could almost grab the little toes. But at just 20 weeks I always felt more just gentle movement occasionally. Also keep in mind, that some babies are a lot more active at night when you are sleeping and the movements almost never will wake you up.

This is my first time being pregnant and I felt my baby’s kick at 15 weeks and 6 days. Yes it feels like gas but the difference is there, I suffered from gas problems in the past. So it depends on your body and I try eat small but often. I know feel my baby often when I drink water, sit, lay down or stand still. Unlike gas, I feel my belly button pulling a bit and lately I felt a sudden kick … lol …I wonder if everything I eat or drink goes straight to the baby, at times. Do not worry, I was worried that I was not going to feel my first kick; my friend didn’t felt her first baby’s until 34 weeks.

PS, annaskids is right, I started sleeping during the day because of summer and staying up late; that’s when I really feel more movement.

I didnt feel any movement until I was 24 weeks with my first child. I felt it much sooner with my second.

Thanks all for your comments now i feel baby kicks. this is my 21st week.

Congrats Rizoo !!!

Now you can keep a track of the kicks in a day, your doctor will ask you to do so.

In 7th month onwards you can actually see the impressions of the foot on the belly.

These are so wonderful moments you must not miss !

– Kreena

I started feeling my babies flutter around a few months. They keep getting stronger and stronger until they are born. Mine actually woke me up at night on several occasions!

I didn’t start feeling my first one until i was around 5 or 6 months along. I guess that either she just didn’t move much or I just wasn’t paying attention. i was working through the first half of my pregnancy though, so that could have something to do with not feeling much.

that could be, my sister said she was working so much she didn’t feel any kicks until she was right around 6 months or so and then they hurt to bad not to notice!

yeah at first you don’t really know what IS a kick, do you! :yes:

I think with my first pregnancy it was 18 weeks and with this one from 16 weeks - I felt flutters really early this time.

Glad you are feeling them now - it can also depend on whether you have a posterior or anterior placenta.

Baby movements start at 4.5 months. You will feel flutters this time onwards. After 6m, you will actually feel baby kicks…

lol after 4 months I was wondering when is he/she going to kick ! And… one day, I was on a train going home, and was having deep thoughts about my life… and there it was, for a second ! wonderful ! Right when I was wondering if he/she is alive or not, he answered: “Hey mom, I’ve been here for some months now! Didn’t you know?”

It felt like a big egg rolling and vibrating and in the same time pushing against my tommy! That was my boy! After few months, he proved to be a very good kicker ! He loved to kick with his feet and communicate like this with us ! I’ve always enjoyed his kicks, and don’t think he ever woke me up. He was very quiet when I needed some time off… as far as I recall… :wub: