What was your baby's first year present?

Hello Everyone!

Valerie is turning one in a week from today and we have not been able to come up with a good present for her first birthday. I would like to do something that she can keep through the years, something meaningful. :yes:

I would like to hear from other people what they did or what they are thinking about doing for this special occasion.

Any ideas? Anyone? :unsure:

Hi

How about a keyboard in case you plan to expose her to music.

:slight_smile:

A nice birthday party, nice beautiful dress for the occasion, invite important friends and relatives for party, then a nice new huge teddy bear, and a toy she likes…

Lee123,

Thank you for your input. We have a grand piano that we just need to color code with labels so she can learn with it. She loves it already.

mirra,

We rae having a birthday party and I though about building her a bear at the bear-build store, but my hsband doesn’s think she will appreciate it because she is too little. Now that you mentioned, I’ll keep it again in my list of ideas. I think is cute.

Hi, Joha
we had a wonderful birthday party with relatives and lots of children.There were lots of baloons masks and danses and it was a great fun.We had also presents like toys and lovely ear rings also we had a golden angel with necklace.Of course our girl will wear it when she grows up but it will be a nice memory for her first birthday.You can make lots of pictures from that day and you can put some of them that you like most on one cardboard and you can hang it on a wall.So when she grows up she will look at them and she will see what lovely girl she is.I am sure that you will have very nice birthday.
Tanya

I got my daughter a swing which she loves and her grandparents bought her her own little table and chairs which she absolutely loves.

Maybe you can make a special scrapbook of the day and get people to write there hopes and dreams for her so when she gets old enough she can read it and know that all these special people want the best for her.

Kim.

For every occasion so far (birthday, christmas, easter) I have given my dd a book. I find a book that suits the occasion/her development at the time and then write a special note on the inside cover. A few we read frequently and a few I have set aside for special readings only. My hope is that at least a few of these books will last for my grandkids and they can share in the special notes written on the inside cover.

Happy Birthday to your little one.